Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Spanking Good Time

By Lucy Felthouse (Guest Blogger)

I'm an erotic writer, but I don’t write spanking or BDSM fiction very often. It's not really my 'thing,' so I've often worried that if I wrote it into a story, it would come across as contrived or shoe-horned in for the sake of it, or just plain rubbish! Therefore, many of my characters have had to go without a good spanking, whether they liked it or not. Sorry, guys and girls!

However, my recently released short story Naughty Delivery was different. I originally wrote it for a themed anthology the publisher was putting together, but they didn't get enough submissions and decided to publish my story as a standalone title. When I was trying to come up with something to fulfill the call for submissions, I thought long and hard. How to come up with a sexy BDSM story that was also a little bit different?

Eventually, I had an idea. Rather than trying to write something which was based on people fully living a BDSM lifestyle, I'd go for the 'virgin' angle. I'd write something which involved a couple trying things out for the first time. I wanted to make it fun, believable and yet still sexy and hot. And that's how Naughty Delivery came about.

The story is about a couple who order some sex toys from the Internet for fun. Yet when they turn up, there's been a mistake with their parcel and they've ended up with something they didn't order. In the spirit of 'trying anything once,' Sonia and Ben experiment and end up discovering a whole new angle of kinky sex play that they'd never thought of before... and they like it!

Going for the 'virgin' angle meant that I could make the story much lighter, as it didn't involve people fully into the lifestyle and its deeper aspects. I like to write fun, light-hearted erotic fiction—though I have written some darker stuff—so my idea meant I could do just that. In the end, I really enjoyed writing the story and allowing the characters to explore something new.

My enjoyment removed my worries—I always worry about writing something that I'm not having fun with—and gave me more confidence in writing in this erotic sub-genre, so look out for more from me in this department in future. I've already penned a deeply kinky piece which will be appearing in Best Bondage Erotica 2012 later this year, so perhaps a nudge in the BDSM direction was all my writing needed. I can't wait to see what the future brings and what ideas my imagination comes up with! Perhaps some of them will even see the light of day!

I'm happy to say that I have successfully added another smutty string to my bow and had a spanking good time about it, too. I just hope people enjoy reading Naughty Delivery as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Here's a yummy excerpt for you:

“You want to use that stuff?!” Sonia said, looking worriedly at the heavy-duty cuffs.

“Well, it seems a shame to waste it. And you’ve always said you’d try anything once!”

“Within reason, I said!”

“Come on,” Ben chided, “it’s only a bit of bondage. Let’s give it a go. I’ll tie you up first, then maybe later we can reverse roles. If we’re not into it, we’ll stop. It’s no biggie.”

Sonia looked at Ben, who copied her eyebrow-wiggling of earlier.

She shrugged.

“Why not? I guess we’ll never know if we don’t try.”

“That’s my girl. Now get your kit off and let me see that gorgeous body of yours.”

Sonia shifted off the bed, moving the box complete with its polystyrene contents onto the floor. She kicked off her shoes, then bent to pull off her socks. Standing, she started unbuttoning her blouse.

The pace obviously wasn’t quick enough for Ben, who yelled, “Quicker than that, come on!” Sonia looked wide-eyed at her boyfriend and considered teasing him all the more for his impatience. That would have been her usual reaction. But when he started tapping the paddle against his palm, she decided against it. He was obviously getting into character; he’d gone all masterful, getting off the bed and stretching to his full height, so he towered over her, glowering.

Sonia was surprised to discover that, far from finding Ben’s sudden dominance ridiculous or amusing, it was making her hot. They’d always been equals in the bedroom, but now the thought of being taken and ravished by Ben was causing a delicious heat in her groin that was only going to get hotter.

Shedding her clothes as quickly as she could, Sonia soon stood naked before Ben. Without realizing it, she’d also slipped into character, standing there silently and awaiting her next orders.

“Good,” said Ben, still tapping the paddle against his hand, “now get onto the bed, and spread ’em.”

As Sonia turned to do Ben’s bidding, he aimed a sharp smack at her rounded bottom, causing her to squeal and leap onto the bed. She spread-eagled herself quickly before any more spanks could be laid on her arse. As she watched for Ben’s next move, she felt the skin he’d struck grow warm and tingly. It wasn’t an unpleasant sensation, but Sonia suspected there hadn’t been much force behind the blow. Nevertheless, her pussy grew warmer at the thought of more force being applied.

Ben, still fully dressed, climbed onto the bed and picked up the wrist restraints. Shuffling up towards Sonia’s head, he knelt by her side, examining the cuffs to see how they worked. Soon, he slipped Sonia’s hand inside the faux-fur lined leather and did up the fastenings.

Naughty Delivery is a short story available in eBook format from Ravenous Romance, All Romance eBooks, Amazon UK, Amazon US, Barnes & Noble (Nook) and many other retailers.

*****

Bio: Lucy is a graduate of the University of Derby, where she studied Creative Writing. During her first year, she was dared to write an erotic story - so she did. It went down a storm and she's never looked back. Lucy has had stories published by Cleis Press, Noble Romance, Ravenous Romance, Summerhouse Publishing and Xcite Books. She is also the editor of Uniform Behaviour and Seducing the Myth. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. You can also find her on Facebook and Twitter.

9 comments:

Sam Crescent said...

Lovely piece Lucy and it sounds like a yummy read.

Anonymous said...

Lucy - you're expanding your horizons - and it's working...great excerpt. I agree with Sam - it sounds yummy.
You go, girl!

Sharazade said...

I like to see 'spanking' and 'light-hearted' together, being a personal fan of both. And "fun" can be pretty deep, too. Sounds like a great story. Congrats!

Bronwyn Green said...

Looks like another great Lucy book! I'm excited to read it! :)

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Lucy,

So sorry I couldn't be here earlier to welcome you. Evil day job intervened...!

I love writing stories about BDSM virgins. You're right about the "light-hearted" aspect of this kind of experimentation, but there's also the special thrill of daring to try something a bit scary for the first time.

Thanks for being my guest!

Lucy Felthouse said...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I appreciate it - and the positivity about my naughty little tale :)

Unknown said...

I'm not much into BDSM, cough, cough! --- but this sounds great. I like the 'experimenting' style the two have going on. Great idea, sounds like a hot read!

best, billi jean

Starla Kaye said...

I've been writing light BDSM with spanking elements for years now. You did great! Congrats on expanding your horizons.

Nina Pierce said...

I love light hearted explorations. This sounds like a fun read.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)