Thursday, December 14, 2017

I don’t have to write a holiday story... #FreeBook #WritersBlock #HolidayStress

ice crystal image

But I do want to give you a gift!

A few weeks ago I started working on a holiday-themed story. I had an idea that would do double-duty, marking the season and also serving as the next book in my Asian Adventures series. I was feeling a lot of pressure, knowing that I had a pretty tough deadline to meet if I wanted to get the story published before Christmas.

I got down a few thousand words, but when I tried to continue, I found myself up against a blank wall of internal resistance. Nothing flowed. Every word was an effort. Even worse, I started to doubt the whole concept. I realized that, in fact, I didn’t want to write this story at all, or at least not now.

Then I had a revelation.

I don’t have to publish a holiday story, just because everyone else is doing so this month!

When I visit my Triberr tribes, every other author seems to have some Christmas-themed romance available. But why should I follow the crowd, if I’m not inspired? In fact, I wonder who actually buys and reads all these holiday tales. After all, people are really busy with their own celebrations. Wouldn’t they rather spend time with their family and friends than with their noses stuck in a book (or their eyes glued to an e-reader)?

So I’ve given up on the notion for now. However, I’d still like to give my readers something to mark the season. I’m giving away a free copy of my BDSM holiday erotic romance A Contract for Christmas to anyone who asks

All you have to do is leave me a comment on this post that includes your email. Or if you’d rather, send an email to contest [at] lisabetsarai [dot] com. I’ll send you epub, unless you tell me you would prefer pdf or mobi.



This offer is open until Christmas Day.

Of course you can save the book to read after the holidays.

Here’s the blurb, just in case you’re wondering whether it’s worth the effort to comment.

This Christmas, Santa demands more than milk and cookies

Isabella plans to surprise her husband and master Greg with an intimate Christmas Eve dinner for two. She’s left with only her fantasies of Greg’s dominance to keep her company, though, when a blizzard strands him at an airport a thousand miles away. Then her husband’s best friend James shows up at her door. Over the past year, Greg has invited James to participate in some of their kinky scenes, but Bella has never been alone with the sexy entrepreneur. Should she let him in and risk surrendering to his quiet authority without her master’s permission?

Greg resolves her doubts in an unexpected phone call, ordering her to fulfill James’s every desire. Ever obedient, Bella complies, and James rewards her with a night of soul-searing pleasure. When Greg returns on Christmas morning, he appears unfazed by her powerful new connection to his friend. Instead, he offers Bella an outrageous gift, one she’s not sure she dares accept.

Leave me a comment with your email, and have a sizzling hot holiday!


15 comments:

bn100 said...

Merry Christmas

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Helena Stone said...

That sure sounds like a (holiday) gift to remember. I'd love to read it. helenastone63 at gmail dot com. (I prefer Mobi if you have it but can work with any format). Thank you!

Colleen C. said...

Happy Holidays Lisabet!
greenshamrock atcox dotnet (MOBI would be my choice) Many Thanks for sharing! :)

Ladystyx said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ladystyx said...

Happy Holidays! Good for you doing the self care and not writing a holiday story. Focus on the yummy inspiring stuff you do care to write.
thanks for a great offer of a free story. ladystyx at spatialfrustration dot com
Mobi or epub whichever is easier for you.

Lindsey R. Loucks said...

Ugh, I've been there when the words just won't come. I would love a mobi copy of your story! Thank you!

Lindsey R. Loucks said...

Oh, oops. lindseyloucks at outlook dot com

Unknown said...

campbelljen1108 at gmail dot com/ Mobi please!

Tonni said...

Sounds like a great gift to have. Either file is fine.
tonni06 at gmail dot com

Цвета said...

This is great Christmas gift, thank you, cveta_daskalowa at abv dot bg.

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas! And thank you for the gift!

dragon5174 @ gmail.com and if possible I'd prefer mobi but epub is also fine.

JeanMP said...

Merry Christmas
skpetal at Hotmail dot com

Anonymous said...

I'm definitely intrigued...happy holidays! Mobi would be great, if possible...

Trix, vitajex(at)Aol(Dot)com

Jodi said...

Merry Christmas!
jlshadden at mediacombb dot net
mobi please

orelukjp0 said...

Merry Christmas Lisabet.
Thank you for the wonderful gift.

orelukjp0 at gmail dot com

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)