Saturday, November 12, 2011

Happy Birthday, Ginger Simpson!

I'm dedicating my blog today to a very special person. I've never met her in the flesh, but I feel amazingly close to her. This is despite the fact that we live half a world away from each other, have followed dramatically different paths in our lives, and would get into a huge fight if we ever decided to discuss politics (which we won't!)

Today is the anniversary of the birth of Ginger Jones Simpson – novelist, poet, blogger and humorist; teacher and corrections officer; wife, mother and grandmother; mentor for dozens of new authors; ageless and enduring sex symbol. Okay, I threw the last one for a laugh, but since she's started on hormones she's definitely turned into a red hot mama!

A prolific and versatile author, Ginger has tackled genres from historical romance to young adult, thrillers to erotica. Whatever she's writing, she manages to convey an emotional authenticity that draws readers into her characters' world. In her books, people matter. She makes you care about her heroines and heroes – makes them real.

She's enormously supportive of other authors, sharing space on her popular blog “Dishin' It Out”, offering marketing tips, doing reviews and generally offering encouragement. And when you're looking for a laugh, Ginger's the gal you need. She has the gift of seeing the funny side of every experience – even health challenges, and especially aging. No one demonstrates more convincingly that getting old is not for sissies.

Ginger, on your special day, I want to wish you the very best of everything. You inspire me, with your courage, your toughness, your sincerity and your persistence in the face of obstacles. I can only hope that when I reach your age (which won't be that long from now), I have your level of energy and your sense of commitment.

And if you ever want to collaborate on another erotica novel – I'm in!

Sending you a huge birthday hug,

Lisabet

16 comments:

widdershins said...

Happy Birth Day Ginger!!!

Unknown said...

Have a wonderful birthday!

Michelle
Author of Concilium, available July 2012
Concilium: The Departure, November 2012

www.Michelle-Pickett.com
www.Conciliumbooks.com

Roseanne Dowell said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger! (again) I just can't say it enough, you deserve it.

gail roughton branan said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger!!! Take no prisoners, it's your day!

Mike Arsuaga said...

I was ready to wish you a Merry Un-birthday but now I can't. Happy b'day and here's hoping many more are ahead.

Barbara Ehrentreu said...

Ginger, what is there left to say? You bring joy and humor and you are always there to help a fellow author. I am very happy to be a part of anything where you are!!! Happy Birthday and get a little crazy!! You deserve it after all that has happened to you lately!!!

Lisabet, this is a beautiful tribute to Ginger!!

Morgan Mandel said...

I echo the sentiments. Ginger, you're such a sweet person and so very gifted.

Have a very happy birthday!

Morgan Mandel
http://morganmandel.blogspot.com
http://www.morganmandel.com

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Ginger and thanks for being you!

Killarney.

http://author-killarney-sheffield.spruz.com

Unknown said...

Love you Ginger Simpson! Happy Birthday dear friend.

James L. Hatch said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger. Thanks again for hosting me on the seventh. As a corrections officer, you must have an endless supply of story lines.

Lea said...

Happy Birthday, dear friend. Those four words don't seem to have as much meaning as what I feel about you. You have been a friend, confidante, PITA for as long as I've known you and there's nothing about you that I would change cos you're perfect.

May all your dreams come true. Have an awesome b-day.

Marie Higgins said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger! She is a wonderful friend!!

Unknown said...

I cannot imagine a greater gift than having someone I love as much as Lisabet pay tribute to me on my birthday. Wow. And then having other great friends post their feelings is like having candles light up the experience. You are all deeply imbedded in my heart, and I love you all. I'm still dumbfounded that I care so deeply and TRULY for those I might not even recognize on the street.

This definitely made my day.

Unknown said...

Oh crap! Late as usual. A very happy belated birthday Ginger. This is a great post to honor our beloved friend. Wait, that sounds more like an eulogy.
Cripe, your only 66, I'm a er, tad older than you.
Anyway, rip it up for your bithday. You have a beautiful soul and we all love ya.

Diane Scott Lewis said...

Happy Birthday, Ginger! You are an asset to us and the world.

Sara Durham Writer ~ Author said...

Ginger, Happy Birthday a day late! Lisabet's blogpost says it all. I am inspired by you, and your witt is invaluable to all of us writers. Especially when we take ourselves too seriously:)

Here's to many many more!

Luv and hugs, Sara

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)