Sunday, December 6, 2015

Sunday Snog in the Snow (#203)

Today I’m participating in the Blissemas Snogs in the Snow event. I’ve got an excerpt from my holiday M/M/F ménage Almost Home, set in a hot tub in rural New England, after a blizzard. I vividly remember living through storms like this one, where there’s so much snow it pretty much paralyzes normal lifeand you have time to think about other things!

Leave me a comment telling me about your most memorable encounter with snow. You could win a $5 bookstore gift certificate!

And don’t miss all the other Snogs in the Snow. Most of the other authors are doing giveaways, too.



Home is a state of heart.

Suzanne and Gino have history going back to high school, but for
years Suzanne has been three thousand miles away, preoccupied with her challenging career. A mistletoe kiss at a holiday party reminds her of their old bond and proves that some things get better with age. When Gino rescues her from a New England blizzard, though, she discovers that she's not the only love in his life. Gino shares his bed and his colonial-era farm house with taciturn painter Harris Steele. Snowed in, without electricity or running water, the three explore the many shapes a triangle can assume. Although she's far away from her everyday existence, Suzanne realizes that she's almost home.



Suzanne had never seen stars so bright. The night sky was a black bowl above them, studded with blazing jewels. The snow blanketing the yard gleamed with some faint inner radiance. At the edges of the property, evergreens clustered in deeper shadow like silent sentinels.

She took a deep breath of the crystalline air, so cold and sharp it hurt her lungs. The tiny hairs inside her nose stood on end. Her earlobes felt like icicles. From the neck down, though, she was bathed in delicious warmth. The bizarre contrast almost made her giggle.

Smooth, hard muscle brushed her thigh. After a moment, roving fingers skittered across her lap and burrowed into her pubic fur. A fiery bolt of lust struck her core.

Gino!” she scolded. “Behave!”

Why should I?” asked her lover, rubbing his body against hers under the surface of the water. “Harry doesn’t mind. Do you?”

The lanky blond on Gino’s other flank grinned. “Not at all. Long as you keep up what you’re doing over here, that is.”

Harris had untied his ponytail. His golden locks flowed over his shoulders, darkening to sepia where wet. With his thin face and chiselled features, he looked like some warrior ascetic, a knight on a quest for some sacred prize. Suzanne could understand why Gino found him attractive. She wondered whether he really was one-hundred percent gay.

Leaning back against the redwood wall and closing her eyes, she allowed the peace of the night to enfold her. Her limbs were heavy. Her heart felt as though it was about to overflow.

The growl of motors and a rattling of metal reached her ears. Gino’s solar-heated hot tub was at the back of the house, away from the street. Still, the faint noise shattered the intense quiet of the snow-smothered night.

Ploughs,” said Harris, cocking his head in the direction of the sound. “At last.” He pointed to the cloudless sky. “Looks like they were wrong about more snow, though.”

We’ll drive you over to Pelham early tomorrow morning,” Gino added. “Actually, the highway department might have towed your car already. We’ll call first, assuming we’ve got power. Anyway, don’t worry, you’re likely to be well on your way back home by tomorrow afternoon.”

Home. Suzanne didn’t want to think about California—her neat, modern, empty condo, all the problems and decisions awaiting her at work, the bland weather and the vacant sky.

There’s no rush,” she said finally. “I’m going to miss my Monday appointment anyway. But thank you.” She squeezed Gino’s hand. “For everything.”

Now, despite all that they had done together, she found she was shy. Steam drifted up in pale swirls from the heated surface of the water. Underneath, she could barely make out the shape of their naked limbs. “I’m going to miss you,” she murmured finally. “Both of you.”

You’ll be back for Christmas, though, won’t you?” Gino’s eyes were shadowed but Suzanne understood the yearning she’d see there, if there were more light.

Maybe…” she began. She imagined another holiday with her parents, pleasant but predictable. They wouldn’t mind if she disappeared after the opening of the presents. And suddenly she couldn’t bear the thought of not being with Gino again, very soon. “Yes. I’ll be back. I promise.”

Wonderful.” Gino pulled her into a kiss that made her heart pound and her pussy tremble. “You can stay over, you know,” he added when he finally released her. “You can stay for as long as you want.”


13 comments:

Erzabet Bishop said...

Snow isn't something I see too much of here in Texas. I can remember walking out of the bookstore where I work one Christmas Eve and marveling at the white stuff fluttering down from the night sky like some sort of holiday miracle. It hardly ever snows in Houston yet there it was, just in time for me to head home to my family and start our Christmas. What a special night to be shared between my husband, myself and our furry kids.

Happy Holidays to everyone. Love the excerpt and adding this one to my want list.

XOXO

Erzabet

erzabetwrites at gmail dot com

Nancy G said...

Back when I was working third shift at a fast food place, the whole crew. Showed up, even though it was really starting to come down. They let us work two hours, then went to a skeleton crew. No one wanted to go home, so we went to sit and talk and visit at one guy's place. About four in the morning, my co-worker Mike and I left to head home. When we got outside, there was absolute silence and about fifteen inches of snow, nothing moving but the two of us walking like crazy people and giggling and playing all the way to my house. Last fun time I had in the snow, really.

ELF said...

It's pretty rare that we get snow in our area, but when we do, it's definitely memorable...except I don't want to drive in it...I'd much rather go out and make foot prints and snowballs! Thanks for the sizzling excerpt and the giveaway!

Annie Chanse said...

My most memorable experience in snow, eh? I suppose that would be the time an ex lover and I got snowed in inside my house. We drank mulled wine and spiced cider until our insides were toasty. Then we played scrabble and drank more wine. Finally, that night we went out and built a snowman under the stars. It is a good memory, one of the few ones I have left of that particular ex.

Colleen C. said...

I have not seen snow in years... kind of miss it! I loved making a snowman when there was plenty of snow around.... once I tried making an igloo as a kid... make a huge mound and tried digging out a hole, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I don't live in a snowy area, so my only snow memory involves a college dorm trip to Lake Tahoe. I got to throw my first snowball!

--Trix, vitajex(At)aol(Dot)com

sharon baker said...

I live in CA so not much snow here. I came from S D and we had lots when I was a child. Used to follow my uncle around and had to follow in his footsteps to prevent getting lost. He always said when he turned around all he could see was top of my head. That is how deep snow got.

sharon baker said...

I live in CA so not much snow here. I came from S D and we had lots when I was a child. Used to follow my uncle around and had to follow in his footsteps to prevent getting lost. He always said when he turned around all he could see was top of my head. That is how deep snow got.

bn100 said...

playing in the snow with friends

bn100candg at hotmail dot com

Emily said...

I was only a kid, but the first time I got to see snow in Williamsburg, VA with my family and play around in it, making snow angels, etc.

tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

Sue A. said...

We don't often get snow, so we are rarely prepared for driving in snow. I just needed to get to the main road and it would have been easily after that. But about twenty feet away I got stopped by the slope of the road. Absolutely no traction except backward. I had to give up and park the car there. It was a few blocks away from home so I left it there for days until the snow melted letting me drive up that damn hill.

Lisabet Sarai said...

I'm really enjoying your snow stories! I'll share one of my own. The year before I moved to Asia, I had a temporary job in New York City. I loved living in Mahattan, even though it was a tiny studio apartment that cost a fortune. Anyway, that February we had a freak snow storm. It was President's Day, so not much traffic anyway, but two feet of snow dumped on the city paralyzed whatever activity there was. My husband and I went out walking. The usually raucous city was silent. No cars, very few people on the streets, just acres and acres of whiteness. I'll never forget the hush, the sense we were alone in the world.

BTW I'll leave this contest open until NEXT Sunday. So tell your friends!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Congratulations to Erzabet! I drew your name as my winner.

Thanks to all of you who participated. Happy Snow Days!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)