Friday, June 19, 2015

Market Musings, and a Funny, Free Book

My husband and I are starting a new company, and doing a lot of traveling as a result. That means I have barely had time to be Lisabet lately.

In particular, I haven't been able to do much marketing (though I'm more or less caught up with the blog). On the other hand, I'm feeling rather clueless about marketing these days.

I've had five new releases in the past two months, in four different genres. Only one (The Eyes of Bast) is erotic romance. The others are lesbian erotica/romance (The Witches of Gloucester and Her Own Devices), dark paranormal erotica (Fourth World), and speculative erotica (The Last Amanuensis).

I have some notion about where and how to market erotic romance. Most of the readers on my VIP email list are romance fans. But how do I reach the readers of these other genres? There are no big review sites (that I know of) for these different types of books. I can try to get my current romance readers to try something new, but I know from experience that this can be a hard sell.

Right now I'm trying to get reviews. I figure that a couple of five star ratings on Amazon are bound to help draw people's attention, regardless of genre. And I have to say, I've been really grateful for the positive reaction of most of my reviewers.

Anyway, if you're reading this post (which means you at least know something about me and my writing!), I hope you'll give some of my new books a try. They're all pretty inexpensive, so it's not much of a risk!

Speaking of inexpensive...I recently read It's 10AM, Why Am I Still Sober, a hilarious and highly opinionated travel log by my friend and colleague K.S. Augustin.



 
In her more serious moments, K.S. writes amazing sci fi thrillers and romance, which she markets through her own micro-publishing company, Sandal Press. (Check out her gorgeous covers!)

The book It's 10AM... does not actually qualify as serious. Although I believe that it's sincere...

Anyway, she's giving the book away free. Just go here. Warning: this is not a book for those who are easily offended!

Have fun! And if you have any advice for me on marketing, I'd love to hear it.

1 comment:

KS Augustin said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Lisabet. I'm glad you enjoyed the book. It reached #19 on the Amazon bestseller list for books on Russian travel...which, of course, it isn't! LOL

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)