Monday, January 18, 2010

An Interview with Jason Hofstadter

Interviewer: Today I'm talking to Jason Hofstadter, the protagonist in Lisabet Sarai's new release, "Crossed Hearts". Tell us a bit about yourself, Jason.

Jason: Well, I'm twenty seven years old. I live in Lincoln, Nebraska, and make my living in real estate. I like tennis, swimming, action movies and country music.

Interviewer: And Scrabble.

Jason: Yes, of course. That's one of my passions. That's why I'm here at the Four States regional tournament. Last year I won second place. I've been practicing and studying--this year I'm shooting for the grand prize.

Interviewer: But--if I can be frank--the prize is not the only thing you're targeting at the tournament. Isn't that so?

Jason: (looking embarrassed) I'm not sure what you mean.

Interviewer: You've got a bit of a reputation, I'm afraid. Rumor has it that you're also looking for some--shall we say--fun? Of a sexual nature.

Jason: So what if I am? I'll admit that a side benefit of the tournament is the chance to meet a new guy. Nothing wrong with a bit of recreational screwing, is there?

Interviewer: No, of course not. But haven't you ever thought beyond the one night stands? Don't you ever crave a more serious relationship?

Jason: Sure. Everybody does, I guess. But I haven't met the right guy yet.

Interviewer: What about the attendees at this year's tournament? Look around. Do you see anyone you like?

Jason: (surveying the crowd of Scrabble players milling in the hotel lobby) Well...there's that dark-haired guy with the glasses over there. He's kind of cute, don't you think? He looks so serious. I'll bet it's his first time here.

Interviewer: He does look pretty lost. Maybe he's a virgin.

Jason: Now there's a thought! Not likely, but he does look young. Anyway, I'd like to find out.

Interviewer: Just don't let him find out about your past--um--liaisons. Wouldn't want to scare him away.

Jason: You're right. (Looks over at Matt again.) Yeah, he's pretty hot. I hope he likes guys. Anyway, I plan to find out.

Interviewer: Well, good luck. Good luck in the tournament, too!

Jason: Man, it's not about luck. It's skill!

=====================================

Get yourself a copy of Gaymes and find out whether Jason gets what he wants! Out today from Total-E-Bound!

2 comments:

Estella said...

I enjoy character interviews!

Lisabet Sarai said...

Thanks, Estella!

I'm just learning how to ask my characters the right questions!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)