Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Book Hooks: The Eyes of Bast - #pnr #shapeshifter #MFRWHooks #MFRWAuthor

The Eyes of Bast cover

It has been a long time since I’ve participated into the Book Hooks hop. Today I have a bit from one of my purest romance tales, with a pair of soul mates you will love. The Eyes of Bast is paranormal erotic romance with a twistperfect for Halloween.

When you’re done with my hook, I hope you’ll visit the other authors participating in today’s hop. You’ll find their links at the end of this post.



Blurb


Trust your heart. Follow your dreams.

Shaina Williams’ grandmother bequeathed her that wisdom, along with an old pendant from the Islands, carved from an ocelot’s tooth. When instinct tells Shaina to visit the feral cat trap she’s set in Central Park, she listens to that inner voice. She discovers she’s caged a magnificent black tom, but the cat inexplicably vanishes after she tends to his wounds. Seeking the errant feline, Shaina encounters instead a handsome stranger whose slightest touch sets her body on fire. As the day dawns after a night of ferocious passion, her mysterious lover is forced back into his true shape—the tomcat she rescued.

Born a cat, Tom was transformed into an unwilling shape shifter by a sorceress who craved a human plaything to satisfy her perverse lusts. Centuries old and irresistibly powerful, Delphine Montserrat will stop at nothing to find her runaway familiar. Shaina vows to do whatever is necessary to defeat the vicious but seductive witch and save the man she believes is her soul mate—even though it might mean losing him forever.

The Hook

Tendrils of morning sunlight brought me back to full awareness. Tom lay sprawled on top of me, apparently asleep. A peace I hadnt felt in ages stole over me. I stroked his luxuriant jet-black hair and listened to his regular breathing. I didnt mind his weight. It made me feel safe, whole.

A ray slanted through the blinds to gild his dark skin and he stirred, rubbing against me. The friction instantly rekindled my desire.Good morning, lover,I murmured in his ear.

His eyes flew open. In their green-gold depths, I saw unexpected terror.Shaina…” he croaked, tumbling off me onto the floor. On his hands and knees, he scampered to the opposite corner of the room, near the closet and as far as from the window as possible. He couldnt escape the sun.

I watched, horrified, as his body dwindled and shrank. Black fur crept out to cover his naked skin, expanding from the patches of hair on his chest and at his groin. A tail sprouted between his thighs. His human features became progressively more feline.

The transformation could not have taken more than sixty seconds, but I saw every agonizing instant, every stage of distortion. I watched my lover disappear, to be replaced by a dumb animalthe massive tomcat Id rescued in the park. Tears streamed down my cheeks as the cat circled anxiously, jumped onto the bed and howled.

I felt like doing the same.

* * *

Get your copy of this heart-wrenching novella today!


Barnes and Noble:

Totally Bound:

And don’t forget to visit the other authors participating in MFRW Book Hooks this Wednesday!


2 comments:

Janet Lane Walters said...

What an interesting concept and what a horror for ehr to watch. She faces a real dilemma.

Kayelle Allen said...

Oh wow... is it really "dumb" -- no intelligence? Sad :(

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)