Saturday, November 6, 2010

Maschalophilous

By Lily Harlem (Guest Blogger)

Okay, today lets talk about something often overlooked in erotic romantic fiction – ‘maschalophilous’. You maybe don’t know what it means but I bet a rather high proportion of you would appreciate a little more literary dedication to it. Here’s a clue…

Had a look at these pictures? If they work for you see if you can guess what you’re suffering from…or rather indulging in. Okay one more, just for those of you on the fence.

Guessed it? Maschalophilous is the word for armpit lust, and boy do I have that going on. Big time. There’s just something about this often overlooked part of the male anatomy that hits all the right buttons in me. The underarm is a secret place men don’t even know is secret, and when they strip off their tops, material covering their eyes for the briefest, most stolen of moments, we get to feast on their deliciously manly pits – and they don’t know anything about it!! How cool, or rather, hot is that?

My current resident hunk has a delectable underarm, pale skin untouched by the sun, dark, wispy hair, the softest on his body, and a scent of pheromones that’s to die for. Unfortunately, being that he’s consumed by the urge to pull away giggling whenever I try and caress this part of his body, means I’m in somewhat of an armpit drought.

Perhaps this is why I found myself thinking about underarms and looking out for underarms with an unhealthy regularity this summer. And summer, let me tell you, is definitely the time to indulge if you suffer from this debilitating condition.

Debilitating? I hear you cry. Yes! Debilitating. There have been times I’ve had to stop, sit down and let out a string of Mmm’s and Ahhh’s when a particularly perfect underarm has flashed my way in the park. And walking past a construction site on a hot day, jeez, that can take my feet from under me, leave me with no option but to stop and stare from the nearest bench or wall or hood of a car. Once (I’m on a roll now) on the treadmill at the gym, right in front of me a beefy hunk started pressing weights in just a pair of ripped off shorts – Phwoar! - I flew off the back and landed in a twist of limbs. All that brawn and bicep surrounding a tantalizing lick of sweat laced hair was too much and with absolutely no inhibition about flashing it at me either.

I didn’t stand a chance. It took me two weeks to heal the burn mark on my knee and work up the courage to go back to the gym. From then on I made sure I hit the stop button if a hottie started showcasing pits in the weight section. I came up with a plan to stand still, wipe my head and drink from my water bottle whilst I took in the free sights.

I blame Top Gun for my obsession. In fact, I probably should be suing. Remember the scene on the beach? Volley ball, thumping music, hot, sweaty guys wacking a ball over the net.

Each time they lifted their arms my young, innocent eyes were treated to stretched tight torso’s and acres of rarely seen skin. Each guy has slightly different coloured underarm hair - hair that I now know would be soft and silky to touch, skin that would be warm and delicate, more so at the very centre of the dip, and a scent that would be devastatingly masculine, if only I could just nuzzle in and… oh, er…there I go again!

I’ve done some research into my quest for the perfect pit?

“Brad” I hear someone heckle from the back. Mmm, tempting but try Mr Wahlberg, he’s working it pretty well for me.

However, this works equally well…he looks sooo bad!

So you see, maschalophilous can be hard to live with, but it is also a delight to be afflicted with and searching out the perfect pits can be arduous and dangerous but also very rewarding.

Here you go, one last pic to feed the habit, and yes, I am doing my bit to raise awareness and adding yummy descriptions of sublime pits into my stories. Yum, yum….

Escape to the Country by Lily Harlem

Available November 8 from Total-E-Bound!

London life is hard going for Annie and Tim, and despite being in love, they're just not hitting the spot in the bedroom. So, in an attempt to put the steam back into their relationship, Tim whisks Annie to the Cotswolds to visit Matt and Jane, his uber-cool, sexually liberal friends from University.

As the temperature heats to melting point in the chocolate box cottage so does the sex, and Annie, with the help of her hosts, discovers a variety of hidden carnal desires, not just in herself but also Tim. Who would have thought he'd be into that? Who would have thought 'that' would have her buzzing from head to toe?"

Visit Lily on-line at http://www.lilyharlem.weebly.com

22 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Lily,

What a fabulous post! Not too mention the luscious illustrations!

Thanks for being my guest.

Warmly,
Lisabet

Em Woods said...

Is it wrong of me to still be chuckling over the treadmill debacle? *grin*

Great post...I think I might have to incorporate this newly delectable body part into my current WIP...hmmmm...

Thanks for the inspiration, Lily!

Natalie Dae said...

HAHAHAHAHAH @ I’m in somewhat of an armpit drought <-- DROUGHT! So funny. I laughed out loud several times during this post.

:o)

Lily Harlem said...

Thanks so much for having me Lisabet. It was great fun finding all those pics and I'm looking forward to hearing everyone's thoughts on maschalophilous!

Lily Harlem x

Renee Vincent said...

Wow, I had no idea there was a term for this fetish. I do not suffer from it (technically) but I can see myself - because of you - paying more attention to the "arm pits" of the hunks I see in my daily life. You can bet your bottom dollar I will think of Lily Harlem the next time I do too.

Wonderful post! I could not stop reading!

Ayla Ruse said...

I love your post. The male armpit, I will admit, is often overlooked. Thanks for the delightful descriptions to remind us of yes, another sexy male part.

Xeranthemum said...

Finally! Though this is a fun and funny post, finally there is someone who appreciates them UNSHAVED! Yay! and ::High Five::

Word Actress said...

Have any of u actually BEEN w/men that look like that??? I wanna be the pretty one!

Nina Pierce said...

I didn't know there was a name for my intrigue with this man part. I've been so sad that men feel the need to shave their armpits. It is the softest hair and there's something delicious about sneaking a peek when the guy doesn't know you're looking.

Great post.

Darah Lace said...

Haha, never checked out armpits before, but I can certainly see where you're going. The armpit attraction comes in a package for me. The overall arm-chest thing. If the arm-chest isn't sexy, the pit won't be either. But yeah, there's definitely something manly about a hottie's pit area. Great post!

Katalina Leon said...

Lily, I had no idea what maschalophilous meant before I read this post and I can't believe I've spent so much of my adult life as an undiagnosed maschalophiliac! Thank you. This beautifully illustrated post was a useful public service announcement. lol
XXOO Kat

Lily Harlem said...

Oh, wow, so many of you are sharing the same goose-pimply feeling as me - I can tell!!
Men who shave their pits - there should be a law against it!

Kayelle Allen said...

I love brawny chests and arms, and the pit goes along with it. I have a feline-humanoid character who loves the smell of his mate's sweat, and likes to nuzzle him everywhere. Good to know there's a name for this practice. I was kind of worried if I wrote a scene with armpit snuggling that people would think I was really odd. Not that I'm not used to being odd, but you know. ;0 Thank you for the new word in my vocabulary. Heh. How the heck do you get a guy to let you touch and explore when they're ticklish? Is there a good way to touch without being tickly? Inquiring minds...

Shoshanna Evers said...

Yum! Thanks for the eye candy ;)

Kayelle Allen said...

Whoops. I shared this on Facebook and said it was Three Wicked Writers. >_< Not to worry tho... the link brings people right here.

Christopher Hoare said...

For a man who writes a series with a strong and sexy female protagonist this has been a revelation. So that's what she's been panting over!

And I thought it was my deathless prose.

(I'll be giving away copies of the novella "Gisel Matah and the Slave Ship" when it's finished. Watch for it.)

Chris H.
http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/eAuthor.php?Name=Christopher%20Hoare

Fiona McGier said...

It's not only looking at them that's so sexy, it's the pheromones they emit from there! PHEW! Almost as sexy as the smell from their mustache hairs, that makes me crazy! I love the hairiness of men all over! Visually I'm mainly a butt-woman, who studies fingers assiduously for a clue to the size and shape of their "package"...but armpits are definitely a turn-on...as are male nipples.

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hey Lily,

You've really inspired my visitors! Thanks!

There are men who shave their armpits? Oh dear. How horrible!

Warmly,
Lisabet

desitheblonde said...

hi i can wow and the guys are hunk can i have one

Lily Harlem said...

Thanks so much for inviting me Lisabet, it's been great fun.

xx

Marianne Stephens said...

Okay...now I know what it means! Have to say other male areas catch my interest...and viewing pleasure.

Catherine Chernow said...

Lily...you've given me a new appreciation for a very over-looked part of the male anatomy.

Loved your post!

Hugs from,
Catherine Chernow

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)