Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Engaging the Fantasy

By Louisa Bacio (Guest Blogger)

As our household gets ready to celebrate my oldest daughter’s birthday with a trip to Disney Studio 365, where girls undergo a rock-star treatment complete with colored streaks, and it makes me wonder how much of fiction explores engaging the fantasy?

So many people say that they read and watch movies in order to “escape” the reality of life. We want to push those boundaries, and maybe explore issues and activities that we might not take part of in our daily lives. When I started thinking about the storyline of PHYSICAL EDUCATION, the concept of the Sex University came up. Ingrained within the academic life, I pursued a bachelor’s degree, and two master’s degrees, but how much fun would/could it be if the Sex Education course actually meant something else?

Some of my favorite readings deal with the unreal. One of my favorites, Larissa Ione’s series with the alluring succubus brothers in her Demonica series, deals with paranormal entities that I wouldn’t be able to deal with on a realistic level. Yet, the reality of the characters and passion in the novels keeps me coming back for me.

Ultimately, through my writing, I hope to do the same thing: Engage the reader in fantasy, and make their reality even that more pleasurable.

So, tell me, do you like to be taken away within your reading? What would you like to read about that you don’t actually get to experience in everyday life?

Bio: Louisa Bacio started reading A. N. Roquelaure’s Sleeping Beauty series at an impressionable age, and has been hooked on erotic romance ever since. She believes that everyone should have a little love, and a lot of pleasure, in their lives.

Bacio enjoys soaking up the sun in Southern California, and spending time with her family.

For more thrills, check out Bacio’s debut erotic thriller Sex University: Physical Education. Her story “Two’s Company” can be found in I Kissed a Girl: A Virgin Lesbian Anthology, and “The Wait” can be read in Rekindled Fire: An Anthology of Reunited Lovers. Drop in for a visit at http://louisabacio.blogspot.com/ or hang out with her on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/louisabacio

Buy Link: http://www.ravenousromance.com/modern-love/physical-education.php?keyword=louisa+bacio

3 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Louisa,

Welcome to Beyond Romance, and congratulations on the release of PHYSICAL EDUCATION!

I like fantasy, but it has to be plausible enough for me to turn off my inner critic. It takes a skillful author to pull me deeply enough into the story that I don't notice the impossibilities he or she is proposing!

Marsha A. Moore said...

I love to escape into a fantasy read any chance I get. Thanks for the great post and good luck with Physical Education. :)

Louisa Bacio said...

Thanks so much for having me here, today, Lisabet! Love the vibe of your Online home!

Marsha -- I totally appreciate it.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)