Sunday, June 4, 2017

Sexy Listening (#newrelease #audiobook #bdsm)

Bangkok Noir audio cover

Exciting news! My BDSM thriller Bangkok Noir is now available as an audio book!

A few months ago, I got an email from Jim Lyon at WordWooze Publishing, asking if I’d be interested in publishing an audio version of Bangkok Noir. Of course I was extremely flattered to have a publisher come to me...! When I thought about it, I had to agree that the book was an excellent candidate for audio. It’s written in the first person, alternating two different characters. In both cases the voice is intimate, almost confessional.

Anyway, I haven’t had the chance to listen to the story yet, but you can listen to a sample here:


The book is also available on Amazon:


In the hopes that I can tempt you to buy the book, here’s an excerpt.

When the police colonel walked into my bar, I knew it was a bad sign. I was pretty sure that I was up-to-date on protection money. I knew the documents proving that all my girls were over eighteen were stowed in my safe, and I'd done a drug check only yesterday, but I couldn't help worrying.

Police Colonel Apichat wasn't a bad sort. He was always polite, both to me and to my girls, when he came by to pick up the monthly envelope of cash. Occasionally, he'd even accept my offer of a drink. He'd sit at the bar, nursing a Chang beer, hungry eyes surveying the dancers as though he wanted to devour them.

I'd send over two of my prettiest employees to try and cheer him up, but with all their teasing and flirting, he rarely smiled.

That night, though, he looked even more serious than usual. And he was not alone. Behind his wiry, dark-skinned frame I saw the crewcut bulk of his lieutenant, Narongchai. The girls called him Kwai, buffalo, though he reminded me more of a gorilla.

I hurried over to Apichat, and gave him respectful wai. "Colonel, this in an unexpected pleasure. Please come inside. Can I offer you and your companion a drink?"

"Thank you, Madame," he said in English. He always speaks English to me, even though he knows that I'm fluent in Thai. "We are on duty. In any case, we come to tell you the terrible news."

Terrible news? Was the government on another morality and social order campaign? "Yes? What news?"

"A girl from SuperVamp bar was killed last night. Choked to death in a hotel room."

A chill ran down my spine. SuperVamp is on the next soi. I know lots of girls who work there.

"What was her name?"

"Suwannee. Her nickname was Nee." It didn't ring a bell. The name was a common one.

I thought for a moment. "If the murder took place in a hotel room, it should be easy to find the killer. Just look at the registration records."

Colonel Apichat sighed. He was obviously very disturbed. "The victim registered by herself, and paid in cash. The desk clerk never saw her companion." Anger flared briefly in his flat brown eyes. "I don't understand why these girls are not more careful. We make the laws to protect them. They just ignore the laws."

I didn't bother to point out that this was the typical Thai attitude toward laws of any kind. Maybe it was a kind of Buddhist non-resistance, letting the laws flow around them without touching them.

Apichat put his hand to his brow as if he was in pain.

"So, how can we help you, Colonel?"

"Warn your girls. If they see anything that makes them suspicious, tell them to call '1771'. It's a special hotline number we have set up since the crime. Tell them to program it into their mobiles, and to always make sure their phones are nearby."

I nodded. "Of course. I'll talk to them right away." I knew the women who worked for me would pay far more attention to a warning from me than from the police. "Is there anything else?"

He looked troubled. "I think your girls need to be especially careful."

"Why is that?"

"The girl who was killed—well, there was evidence that she had been involved in some S&M activity." He obviously found it difficult to talk about this. "She was found tied to the bed, with plastic clothespins on her nipples, cigarette burns on her arms and legs, and vibrators inside her." The plural seemed to make him particularly uncomfortable.

He pulled himself together and looked me straight in the eye. "We understand your establishment tends to attract—that sort of people."

Get your copy today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)