Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Lisabet's September News

Autumn couple

Oh dear! I haven't done a new newsletter since June! I've been really busy with non-writing business issues, doing a lot of traveling for my real world job. Of course that's no reason to neglect you, is it?

New and Upcoming Releases

 

I've had relatively little time to write over the past few months. Of course, given all my releases in May, I suppose I've earned a bit of a breather. In any case, this month saw the release of my science fiction erotica short The Antidote. Warning: this is not one of my softer, more romantic works. It's quite graphic, but has a message too.

In terms of upcoming releases, I have a story in Lynn Townsend's altruistic erotica collection Coming Together: Strange Shifters, which is scheduled for release around Halloween. And speaking of Halloween, I'm working on a brand new tale to celebrate, an erotic horror piece entitled Reanimated. Stay tuned for more information.


Fourth World Cover
Meanwhile, if you are looking for suitable Halloween reading, let me recommend Fourth World, my new paranormal collection from Excessica. Ghosts, vampires, succubi — this collection of seven tales of myth and magic is just perfect for the season.


I've been busy editing and expanding my first two novels, Raw Silk and Incognito, for re-release by Totally Bound. Each will have at least one full new chapter added. Plus I get the chance to fix those nasty errors that creep into every book, especially when you're a novice writer. It's fun, but also a rather emotional experience to revisit these early tales.

I'm also continuing to work on my BDSM erotic romance novel The Gazillionaire and the Virgin. I have a tentative publication date of January, 2016. I don't know whether I'm going to make that or not.

Free Reading and Other News

Since I haven't done an update in a couple of months, I've added a lot of new material to my website. In the free reading section, you'll find my historical BDSM tale Communion. This is one of the first short stories I ever wrote. It captures the spirtual dimension of dominance and submission that so fascinates me.

For those of you who like poetry, I've also added a new poem called Hookup, in the tanka form. It's short but intense.

I've also added two new craft articles to my For Authors section, one about story structure and another about various approaches to writing a novel. Hopefully some of my author colleagues will find them useful.

One bit of news: I've signed up for a Twitter account. I am still trying to figure out how to make the most of this social media channel. I'm also not sure how to get readers to follow me! I have one hundred fifty followers already, but I think every single one is a fellow writer!

Tell you what—I'll bribe you! If you sign up to follow me on Twitter, I'll send you a free ebook, your choice of any of my Excessica or self-published titles. Just follow me (@lisabetsarai), then shoot me a tweet. Tell me what book you'd like (Exposure, Bangkok Noir, D&S Duos 1-4,Fourth World, The Antidote, or Slush) and where to send it. It's that simple!

I am also looking for people to join my reviewer street team. You can get free copies of any of my books, in return for posting a review on Goodreads, Amazon, or Barnes & Noble. Interested? Email me at lisabet [at] lisabetsarai [dot] com. Or send me a tweet!

Lisabet's Pick of the Month

My September pick of the month is Cara Sutra's erotic author spotlight series. The link here will go to my own spotlight, but she has a huge archive of features from other authors, each one with lots of juicy excerpts. While you're at Cara's site, you can also browse her other categories of content, including free erotica, sex toy reviews, industry news, and more!

2 comments:

Colleen C. said...

No twitter for me... I will have to make a note to myself to go back and reread your books and write some short reviews...

Lola Bruce-James said...

The Right Way to Write a Novel article on the For Authors section is absolutely wonderful. A treasure trove of information and advice succinctly summed up.

As a new author of vignettes and trysts (c. 5,000 - 12,000 words), I've started to think about writing a novel and will undoubtedly come back to this piece again.

The Snowflake method sounds fascinating. What an exciting challenge it would be to write a book this way.

In my own short stories (and in my own little way) I start off with research akin to the Dissertation method. I then sum up how I see the story unfolding in about half a dozen bullet points and take it from there. It's always interesting to look back at those points when I've finished writing to see how far I've deviated from them.

Once again, brilliant article.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)