Friday, January 14, 2011

Change in Plans

I had great plans for this coming weekend. Top on my list were the three blog posts I have due over the next week. Then I was going to finish my were-penguin story (what? see my newsletter in a few days!) and work on my website update, which I usually release on the 15th of the month. Once I got that done, I had a long list of other tasks: editing the latest volume for the Coming Together Presents series, a wonderful set of noir stories by Robert Buckley; finally putting together a travel log and slide show from my travels in November; do some research into music players, since mine is on my last legs.

Then there were the household tasks: groceries, cleaning the cat litter, taking in the dry cleaning. And of course I planned to work out at least two out of the three days.

I was all reved up and full of energy. Alas, it was not to be. I did something to my back - I have no idea what. Now it's excruciating to sit at the computer (though I'm trying). Every time I stand up I feel like someone is sticking hot needles into my lower back. I have no idea what's going on. I don't normally have back issues. I'm a bit worried that this is all displaced pain from my other hip - that now that I have one bionic hip,the other one is going to disintegrate.

Argh!

My husband's been great, and I'm trying to stay positive. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. Aren't I lucky that this happens so infrequently? And so on. I remind myself that my worth is not determined by what I accomplish. I pray. And I try to smile.

Keep me in your prayers, please!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Sending positive thoughts... Get well soon!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)