Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Happy Birthday, Elvis -- #flashfiction #eroticfantasy #ElvisPresley


Elvis portrait

Today would have been Elvis Presley’s 85th birthday. After all that time, the King still holds our imagination and inspires our fantasies. Here’s a bit of flash fiction in his honor.

Return of the King
By Lisabet Sarai

Why so sad, little lady?”

That voice. Sable velvet, liquid sunshine, peach-blossom honey flowing sweet and slow through my tired limbs. I knew that voice.

I glanced up from the dregs of my fourth double bourbon. He perched beside me – lean thighs, cowboy boots, black pompadour. Dark lashes framed heavy-lidded eyes. His pouty lips curved into a kind smile.

Some people see pink elephants.” I shook my head. The room spun. “Me? Dead rock and roll idols.”

Dead and gone. Tears blurred my already wavering vision. Everything good passes away.

Hey, don’t cry!” His fingertips grazed my cheek. He raised my face to his. I could drown in those soulful eyes. “It’s a new year, a new decade. Let me buy you a drink. Cheer you up.”

I don’t need—” I began.

He shifted on his stool, those famous hips swiveling. “Jack? Couple of root beers, please.”

You need a bit of lovin’, pretty lady.” He leaned closer, till those boyish lips brushed mine. I smelled mint on his breath.

Heat rippled through me. I was moist as a Memphis night. I was twenty two instead of sixty.

C’mon, baby.” Who could resist that voice? “My truck’s outside.”


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)