Thursday, April 12, 2012

Lisabet's April Newsletter

April Rabbit

Happy Spring to everyone! Whatever you celebrate, may you do it with a full heart!

New and Upcoming Releases

Last week I finished my story Mastering Maya and submitted it to Total-E-Bound for their Switch anthology. Imagine my delight when I received an acceptance only two days later! That's what I call efficiency! The collection is scheduled for release in September.

I also finished and submitted my story Layover to D.L. King for her femdom anthology Under Her Thumb. Unfortunately I won't hear about that submission until the summer.

My short story collection Just a Spanking has received uniform five star reviews on Amazon. I don't have any more free days scheduled at the moment, but when I do, I'll let you know. Or you could just spring for the five bucks and buy your own copy!

Next up on my writing schedule is a BDSM thriller, Bangkok Noir, an expansion of the short story in Rough Caress. A good friend of mine has been pleading with me for years to expand that tale into a novella . I guarantee it will only get hotter!

I'm also working on a tentacle erotica story for the Coming Together collection, Coming Together: Arm in Arm and Arm.

Other News

Like shifters? You know you do! In my free reading section this month, I've posted the next chapter of my feline shapeshifter serial, Cat Toy. To encourage you to check it out, I'm using the story as the center of my monthly contest. (See details below!)

I've also added an old poem, entitled New Mirror. If you've ever had a lover leave you, you may identify.

My Erotogeek column at Erotica Readers & Writers Association this month is entitled Image Problems. I'm talking about the nuts and bolts of digital images, and how you can avoid having your head shots look bloated and your cover images be unreadable.

I have several guest posts with giveaways scheduled this month. On Thursday (tomorrow!) I'll be at Maria-Claire Payne's blog for her "Open Mic" Thursday feature. I'll be talking about the blues and my blues ménage story Wild About That Thing, and giving away a print copy of the anthology in which that story was first published. On the 24th of April, my character interview is featured at the Kinky Kiss and Tell blog and I'll be giving away a BDSM book. Lots of other authors are partipating in this fun blog fest. You can find list here

Don't forget I blog every month on the 21st at the Erotica Readers & Writers Association blog. If you're looking for smart, insightful commentary on writing, publishing, erotica, sex, and society, you should be following this blog - contributors include some of the top erotica authors in the business.

And of course, every Sunday I post at Oh Get A Grip, on topics ranging from the trivial to the momentous. The Grip is both thought-provoking and entertaining. You owe it to yourself to check it out!

Contests!

Thanks to all of you who entered my two contests in March. Shadow won my Amazon contest. Jodi was the winner in my PayPal contest. Congratulations to both of you.

As noted above, my contest this month revolves around my shifter serial, Cat Toy. To enter, read the latest installment (and the earlier chapters if you haven't already!) Then send me an email, to contest [at] lisabetsarai.com, subject line "Cat Toy contest", with the answers to the following questions:

  • What is the name of the heroine?
  • Where doe she live? (what city or town)
  • What causes Tom to shift?
In the middle of next month I'll randomly choose one response. The winner will receive a $10 All Romance Ebooks or Total-E-Bound gift certificate (your choice).

Lisabet's Pick of the Month

My Pick of the Month for April is Maggie Nash's blog. She has been celebrating "BDSM week" over the last few days, and I've really enjoyed the posts. But hop over pretty much anytime and you're bound to find something erotic and challenging.

2 comments:

hotcha12 said...

CRAP Lisbet! WHEN THAT RABITT POPPED UP IT SCARED THE HELL OUTTA ME! LOL

LINDARB49@HOTMAIL.COM

Julia K said...

Oh, I think Maggie Nash has done an amazing job on the BDSM celebration thing she's been running at her blog.:-)

Can't wait to get my hands on that DL King anthology.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)