Saturday, February 5, 2022

Sizzling Sunday: Desire Denied -- #Steampunk #Tease #SizzlingSunday

Sizzling Sunday banner

Welcome to another Sizzling Sunday! Today I’m sharing a brand new excerpt from The Journeyman’s Trial, Book 2 of my series The Toymakers Guild. Actually, there’s no actual sex in this passage – but it still sizzles. I want to demonstrate that desire denied is sometimes hotter than lust fulfilled.

Blurb

If she builds it, will they come?

Technically brilliant and thoroughly wanton, Gillian Smith has found her vocation: designing innovative erotic devices for the Toymakers Guild. Lust is a lubricant to creativity at Randerley Hall. But what happens when two Toymakers fall in love?

If you like intelligent, lusty women and kinky steam punk sex toys, pick up a copy of The Journeyman’s Trial.

Excerpt

Gillian gathered the quilt around her and stretched out beside Rafe. He didn’t stir, but she doubted he was asleep yet. Reaching beneath his covering, she slipped her arms around his waist and snuggled against his back. His skin was surprisingly warm. His saddle-hardened bottom pressed against her pubis in the most tantalising way imaginable. The banked embers of her desire burst into flame.

Rafe?” she murmured.

Let me sleep, Jill,” he mumbled. “I’m exhausted.”

She let her hand drift toward his groin. Halfway toward her goal, her fingers brushed the slick, smooth bulb of his engorged penis. Excitement raced through her. She captured the turgid shaft in her palm and gave it a light squeeze. “Rafe! You do want me!”

The journeyman released a sigh, perhaps of exasperation. Unclasping her hand from his cock, he turned to face her. “Of course I want you, silly girl.”

She reclaimed her hold on his formidable erection. “Then take me,” she urged, pulling his fingers to her juicy quim. “Feel how wet I am for you, already.”

Gently but firmly, he extricated himself from her clutches. He captured both her wrists in an iron grip. “I’d love to give you what you want, Jill. But I can’t.”

Why not?” She wrestled him but couldn’t break free. “I’m no virgin. You must know that.”

He chuckled. “Oh, I know that very well. I know you’re as randy a wench as ever walked the halls of Randerley. But the Master instructed me to refuse your advances.”

What? Why?” The notion that Rafe and the Master had discussed her in such intimate terms both horrified and aroused her.

The Master wants you to practice patience,” he told her. “To learn how to experience intense desire without acting upon your impulse to satisfy it.”

Gillian was struck dumb – not a common situation for her. Had the Master also ordered Rafe to take her riding? Was this whole situation contrived to frustrate her? To teach her “patience”?

Control your mind and you control everything else,” the Master had told her. Did he view unbearable lust as an attribute of the mind?

Apparently so.

So you won’t touch me? Or allow me to touch you? I could make you feel wonderful, Rafe, if only you’d let me...” He still held her wrists. She went limp, and he released them, but she knew he was quicker than she. If she tried to make a salacious move, he’d just stop her once again.

Rafe shook his head. “And disobey the Master’s express instructions? He’d know if we did anything, Jill.”

She knew he spoke the truth. She could never lie to the Master Toymaker.

An ache grew in her chest. Something drew her to Rafe, something that went beyond mere animal passion. He was barely more than a stranger. He might be mysterious, even dangerous, but still she felt a powerful connection to him. She yearned to join her flesh with his. Would that desire ever be consummated?

Rafe must have sensed her sorrow and confusion. He cupped her cheek in his warm palm, then leaned in to press his lips to hers. The kiss was hot, sweet and all too brief.

Don’t worry, Jill. Eventually, you and I will have the chance to be together. Trust me, when that finally happens, it will be worth the wait.”

That’s easy to say now,” she grumbled.

He kissed her again, lingering a bit longer and letting his tongue play in her mouth. “Not easy at all, believe me. I’m so hard I feel like I’m about to explode.”

She reached for his rampant cock once more, only to have him block her.

Behave yourself, wench, or I’ll have to spank you.”

Go ahead,” she taunted. “At least you’d be touching me!”

He sighed and rolled back toward the wall. “I’m too tired now. Goodnight, Jill.”


Buy
Links

Kinky Literature https://www.kinkyliterature.com/book/618-the-journeymans-trial-the-toymakers-guild-book-2/

Amazon UShttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B09MQV4Y86

Amazon UKhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09MQV4Y86

Smashwordshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1118032

Barnes and Noble - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-journeymans-trial-lisabet-sarai/1140567579?ean=2940165096259

Kobohttps://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/the-journeyman-s-trial-the-toymakers-guild-book-2

Add on Goodreads – https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59740783-the-journeyman-s-trial


1 comment:

Fiona McGier said...

I agree with her. The idea of waiting somehow making it better, never occurred to me! LOL. When I want, I want it NOW! And later too. Then after that...

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)