Wednesday, February 1, 2023

An Early Valentine’s Gift – #99cents #EroticRomance #ValentinesDay #MFRWHooks

Hearts & Handcuffs cover

Well, it’s finally February. And you know what that means – hearts and flowers, candy and champagne, moonlight and kisses, and if you’re me, maybe a spanking or two...

For today’s Book Hooks hop, I’m featuring my short story collection Hearts & Handcuffs: Romantic Kink. Specifically, I’ve got a teasing snippet from the title story, which features Rachel and Theo from my novel The Gazillionaire and the Virgin.

Just for fun, and to say thank you to my readers, I’ve dropped the price of the collection to only 99 cents, for the entire month of February. So if you enjoy BDSM erotic romance, why not pick up a copy?


 

The Hook (from “Hearts and Handcuffs”)

Why, when you’re short on time, does the world deliberately conspire to slow you down? Theo will be so annoyed if I’m late. But there’s nothing I can do. Route 101 headed south is bumper-to-bumper with commuters, all eager to get home to their honeys, or so I presume. Just like me.

That makes me smile, despite my frustration. This is the first Valentine’s Day in a decade when I’ve had anything worth celebrating. Or anyone to celebrate with. I used to work late on February fourteenth, telling myself that all the fuss about Valentine’s was commercial nonsense, designed to sell chocolates, flowers and jewelry.

Now I know better.

For convenience, we’re meeting at his condo, since I had meetings all afternoon in the city. He’s at the StorySpinner offices in Sunnyvale, most likely bossing his developers around. It’s astonishing how much more assertive he’s become in the past nine months. Anyway, I’m sure he’ll be home before I am.

That’s fine. He’ll have time to prepare.

Flashing lights up ahead indicate an accident. Once I’ve crept past, the road opens up. I lean on the accelerator a bit—what’s the point of having a powerful engine if you don’t take advantage of it?—trying to make up for lost time.

I pull into the parking lot at seven ten, just ten minutes late. Ten strokes of the crop, if I’m lucky and he doesn’t choose the cane instead. I feel wetness gathering between my thighs. I’m not a pain junkie, but if Theo wants to cane me, I know I won’t object.

My pulse quickens and my nipples tighten under my jacket as I stand on the landing, fumbling with my key. He hasn’t told me exactly what he has planned, just that we’ll do some role play, but by now I have a pretty good understanding of Theo’s kinky mind. I know that whatever we do, I’ll love it.

Buy Links

Kinky Literature - https://kinkyliterature.com/book/1470-hearts--handcuffs-romantic-kink/

Amazon US – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FE2ADB4

Amazon UK – https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01FE2ADB4

Smashwordshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/635210

BN - https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hearts-handcuffs-lisabet-sarai/1123779304?ean=2940153012407

Kobo - https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/hearts-handcuffs-romantic-kink

Add on Goodreadshttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30164967-hearts-handcuffs

Be sure to visit the other MFRW authors participating in today’s hop. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re doing Valentine’s features too!



4 comments:

Maggie Blackbird said...

Wow, she's in for quite a Valentine's Day! Great excerpt.

Daryl Devoré said...

Sounds like she's about to have an interesting evening.
Tweeted.

Janet Lane Walters said...

Will be interested in hearing more about her Valentine's Day

Tena Stetler said...

Wow, what a Valentine's Day she's looking forward to having. Thanks for sharing.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)