Wednesday, January 18, 2023

I’ll always be at your side – #Steampunk #EroticRomance #MFRWHooks #Contest

The Master's Mark cover

Greetings! For today’s Book Hooks blog hop, I have an exclusive snippet from my new release, The Master’s Mark, Book 3 of my steampunk series The Toymakers Guild. I’ve had a lot of help from my fellow authors over the last few days, sharing the news about this book (thank you very much to you all!), but you won’t find this PG excerpt anywhere else.

As you will probably guess from the conversation, the previous scene definitely was not PG. Rafe and Gillian have just returned from a walk on the moors, which culminated in intense and emotional outdoor lovemaking.

To celebrate the release of the final book in my trilogy, I’m running a contest, between now and the end of January. The prize is a $10 book store gift certificate, plus an ebook copy of the new novel in your choice of formats.

Entering is really easy. Just do the following:

  • Send me an email at contest [at] lisabetsarai [dot] com

  • In the body of the email, tell me the names of any two characters in The Master’s Mark.

One entry per person, please. On the first of February, I will randomly draw a winner from among all the entries. Please note that I will not use your email for any purpose other than notifying you if you win, and to send you a single invitation to my email list.

Be sure to send your entry to the "contest" email address above. Otherwise I might not notice it.

Blurb

How do you train a steampunk sexbot?

Gillian Smith’s promotion to journeyman proves she’s ready to lead the Toymakers in producing astonishing new erotic artifacts. Creative, brilliant, and debauched, she’ll stretch her capabilities to the limit as she juggles a talent shortage and a pair of jealous rivals. Then there’s the challenge of their latest commission—a life-sized programmable sex doll intended to replace a client’s deceased paramour.

Normally she would consult the enigmatic Master Toymaker, but he seems preoccupied with his own concerns. Though her lusty crew of sexual renegades can offer technical and carnal assistance, Gillian is ultimately responsible for delivering the promised, near-impossible technology.

It’s fortunate she’s not one to give up—not even when events threaten the Guild’s very survival.

 

The Hook

Although they climbed the steps to the hall’s entrance hand in hand, Gillian sensed that Rafe was still struggling with his jealous uncertainty. They paused on the threshold. “I want to run upstairs for a quick wash,” she told him. “But if you’re free later, we could meet in the lab. I’d like to lay out my current thoughts about the automaton’s design and get your suggestions.”

I was rather hoping we could spend the interval between now and supper in my room.” Rafe’s grin was pure cheek, but the catch in his voice conveyed his insecurity. “As the Master recently reminded us, Saturdays are for leisure.”

You’re not exhausted from our – walk?” she teased.

He clasped her body against his, his resurgent erection providing an unmistakeable answer. “I find you endlessly invigorating, Jill.”

With patience and some regret, she extricated herself from his grasp. “I’m afraid I would not be able to properly relax. I’ve been preoccupied by the conceptual and practical problems we face in fulfilling Volk’s commission. And I really do need your help, Rafe.” She gazed up at him, trying to convince him of her sincerity. “I can’t do this alone.”

He leaned in to brush his lips across hers. “You’re not alone. I’ll always be at your side.”

His intensity both thrilled and frightened her.

Very well, then,” he continued. “I’ll see you in the laboratory in – what, fifteen minutes?”

Let’s make it half an hour. I really am rather dirty.”

You are,” Rafe agreed with a smirk. “One of the many reasons I love you.”

You probably could do with a clean-up yourself.”

Probably. But first I’ll see if Mrs. Jones has any biscuits left. After our moorland stroll, I’ve a prodigious appetite.”

 

Find all buy links here: https://www.lisabetsarai.com/mastersmarkbook.html

I hope you’ll visit the other authors participating in today’s Book Hooks. And please do enter the contest!


5 comments:

Adriana said...

They're so gentle with each other - the tension is palpable.

Janet Lane Walters said...

Love thesubtle touches of humor

Tena Stetler said...

“Let’s make it half an hour. I really am rather dirty.”

“You are,” Rafe agreed with a smirk. “One of the many reasons I love you.”

Enjoyed this little interaction. Thanks for sharing!

Viviana MacKade said...

This is so sweet. And the idea of the books is very fresh. Also, I absolutely love "prodigious appetite". I am so going to use it ;D

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

He has a prodigious appetite in more ways than one! Tweeted.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)