Saturday, January 28, 2023

Catching the design bug – #CoverArt #Romance #Discount @AmberDaulton1

Satin Rose logo

By Amber Daulton (Guest Blogger)

Covers to make your book shine is my motto.

Hi, I’m Amber Daulton, founder of Satin Rose Designs. I’ve been writing professionally and offering various author services since 2012, but I opened the doors to my latest business venture in January 2022, a year this month. To celebrate my one-year anniversary, my author friend Lisabet Sarai was gracious enough to let me visit her site. (Authors, I have a special offer for you. Keep reading to learn more.)

I’ve always been intrigued with the idea of learning cover art design, but I thought it went way beyond my skill set. Even though I made do by creating graphic teasers and book trailers for myself, there was still a little voice in the back of my head that kept urging me to try and create a real book cover. After my publisher returned the audio rights to me for Lyrical Embrace, I finally decided it was time to learn. 


Thanks to help from some author/designer friends, I created my first audiobook cover and matched it to fit the ebook version, although with a few noticeable differences. I was so excited and wanted to do more—and more. Yes, I’d finally caught the design bug! When the ebook and print rights to some other books reverted to me, I got my chance, but it still wasn’t enough. Then a few authors asked if I ever thought about doing cover work professionally, and I thought, “Why not?” A lot of research, headaches, and TONS of practice and work later, I’d created over 50 romance covers and built a new website to feature them.


 

Juggling the writing, publishing, and marketing part of my Amber Daulton brand was already a time-consuming process, and now I’ve added cover work to the mix. It’s exhausting, to be sure, but also exhilarating. How do I manage it, you might ask? Well, I break my work into parts. I write for a couple months with marketing and publishing weaved in when necessary, and then I put my writing aside for a few months to create new covers. When a client purchases a cover from me, I weave it into my current work schedule and mark it as top priority.

Currently, I have over 80 premade romance book covers available for sale. The price is only $50 each. My Premade Ebook Gallery includes Chick Lit/Rom Com, Contemporary, Historical, Holiday, LGBTQ, Paranormal/Fantasy, and Romantic Suspense. The Contemporary category has the largest selection of covers, but I plan to extend the others in the coming months.


 

Paperback and Audiobook covers, as well as 3D Box Set covers and Social Media Graphics, can be ordered as add-ons for each premade.

Here’s my website for more information: https://satinrosedesigns.amberdaulton.com

Feel free to sign up to my exclusive newsletter for notifications about new covers, sales, discounts, and more. New subscribers get a FREE social media graphic with the order of a Premade Cover. Join here: https://satinrosedesigns.eo.page/r2kfc

Now, to my special offer. For any author who purchases a premade ebook cover between now and February 15th, 2023, add this discount code LisabetBlog2023 in the cover request form (found on each cover product page), and you’ll get 10% off the ebook cover purchase. If for some reason the cover request form isn’t working or you just can’t use it, email me at amber@satinrosedesigns.amberdaulton.com and mention this blog post for your 10% off discount. I’m pretty easy to work with, so just get in touch with me any way you can. (Discount not applicable for any add-ons.)

Thank you for reading, and I hope to connect with you soon. If you have any questions, check out the FAQ page on my website or message me/comment below.

About the Designer, Amber Daulton


Amber is an author, blogger, reviewer, and cover designer. She’s been writing and creating promotional graphics for herself for years, but then she created her first audiobook cover after consulting with designer friends and diving headfirst into photo editing to learn, learn, learn. She’s created a couple of ebook and print covers for herself since then and has been getting some awesome feedback from other authors, like—
Will you create something for me?

Hence, Satin Rose Designs was born.


3 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

I am so proud of you, Amber -- developing your skills and building a business out of something that you love!

Amber Daulton said...

Thank you so much for the feature and for your kind words, Lisabet. Creating covers and new designs is a blast, and I enjoy sharing it with people.

Dee S. Knight said...

Wow! Great work, Amber.

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)