Wednesday, May 3, 2023

His eyes stripped me bare – #EroticRomance #SummerTheater #MFRWHooks

The Understudy cover

Happy Wednesday! Once again, I’m joining the Marketing for Romance Writers Book Hooks blog hop, sharing a PG excerpt from my BDSM erotic romance The Understudy: Acts of Submission. This particular book came to mind because we’re rapidly approaching summer, and this is definitely a romance for that season, set in the context of a summer theater troupe.

My hook is from the first chapter, when my heroine Sarah meets the legendary (and reportedly kinky) leading man Geoffrey Hart.

Enjoy!

Blurb

One look from him and I melt. One word, and I’m on my knees.

When the Berks Hills Summer Playhouse offered me my first real acting job, I never expected to share a stage with theater legend Geoffrey Hart - let alone his bed. Nothing in my education or experience prepared me for the paradoxical pleasures of submission.

Now I’m devoted to my master, for better or worse. According to the rumors, though, Geoff’s heart is taken. Dumped by his long-time sub, he has escaped to the Berkshires to lick his emotional wounds. Geoffrey’s dark games arouse me beyond belief, but I fear I’m just a substitute for the real object of his affections. Am I willing to settle for the role of understudy in this perverse passion play?


The Hook

The town car slid to a silent stop in front of the steps. The uniformed driver opened the back door, then stood back to let his passenger alight. For a long moment nothing happened—like the suspense before the curtain rises. I realized I was holding my breath.

A pair of long legs clad in black emerged from the shadowy interior. A lean torso followed, wearing a white shirt open at the neck under a black jacket. Finally, I could see his face.

Up close—he stood no more than a dozen yards from us—he looked more rugged and less refined than he had seemed on stage. Thick black hair curled above a noble forehead. I had a sudden, almost irresistible urge to bury my fingers in those lustrous waves. He had a Mediterranean complexion and a proud nose with a slight hook. I remembered reading that he was part Armenian and part Italian, despite his British stage name. His square jaw suggested stubbornness, his wide mouth and full lips, sensuality. His eyes were set deep under well-shaped, somewhat bushy brows.

He turned those dark eyes on me and I felt suddenly faint. They were the eyes of a predator sizing up his prey. His lips twisted into a half smile, displaying his pearly teeth. I wanted to run, but I was rooted to the spot. My cheeks burned. Sweat gathered under my arms. I realized my nipples were hard, pressing painfully against the constraining fabric of my brassiere. I said a silent prayer of thanks that I’d at least worn one today. My breasts were modest enough that I sometimes went without. The bra meant that he couldn’t see actually see the way those brazen nubs broadcast my arousal. The way he looked at me, though, with that focused, cruel attention, made me feel completely naked.

I couldn’t look away. The moment stretched itself out. My disobedient body betrayed me more deeply with each breath. I felt him rifle through my thoughts, seeking my lewdest fantasies. I tried to empty my mind. I couldn’t banish the image that surged up without warning, a picture of him grabbing me and tearing my clothes off.

Mr. Hart!” Adele broke the spell, rushing forward to shake the actor’s hand. “Welcome to Barrington! We’re all so excited to have you here…”

He seemed to notice her for the first time. He favored her with a charming smile and an appraising once-over. My relief at being released from his scrutiny was tempered with irrational jealousy.

Ah, thank you, Miss…”

Adele. Adele Franklin. I’m the ingénue. I play Chava in Fiddler and Stella in Streetcar. Oh, and Mimsy in Plaza Suite. I’m just thrilled to meet you, Mr. Hart…”

She had not released his hand. She leant forward, almost on tiptoe, her lips parted, her body practically vibrating with eagerness. His smile was gracious but dismissive as he turned his attention back to me. Everything inside me seemed to melt in the heat of his gaze.

And you are?”

Um—Sarah Gladstone, sir. I play chorus and extra roles. I’m also the understudy for Adele and Ms. Stuart – Helen Stuart, our leading lady. This is my first year here.”

Very pleased to meet you, Sarah. I look forward to getting to know you better over the summer.” His words were polished and polite. His eyes, however, told me another story. They stripped me bare and then challenged me to complain about his boldness. He knew that I would not.

 

Buy Links

Kinky Literature https://www.kinkyliterature.com/book/4427-the-understudy-acts-of-submission/

Amazon UShttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B092VYT8DN

Amazon UKhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B092VYT8DN

Smashwordshttps://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1080182

Barnes and Noblehttps://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-understudy-lisabet-sarai/1139312061?ean=2940164880460

Kobohttps://www.kobo.com/th/en/ebook/the-understudy-acts-of-submission

Add on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/57802100-the-understudy

Don’t forget to visit the other authors joining today’s blog hop!

 


5 comments:

Adriana said...

fabulous description of the first meet: "A pair of long legs clad in black emerged from the shadowy interior. A lean torso followed, wearing a white shirt open at the neck under a black jacket. Finally, I could see his face." And what a face. Great hook.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Some intense emotion in this scene, and quite a bit of steam even though no clothes have come off. Tweeted.

Lynn Chantale said...

Mmm. So Sexy.

Janet Lane Walters said...

What a great opening scene,

Tena Stetler said...

Sizzling opening scene. Leaves you wondering what is to come. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)