Blurb
Jordan Blue works to survive on the oppressive, corporate colony world, Shoar. A random, near-fatal encounter puts her in the company of Kuvett, a space faring creature of the stars. While Jordan tries to figure out the inscrutable Cosmari, Kuvett sneaks about the dilapidated Outskirts to find out just what happened to the planet, what secrets the impenetrable Meritopolis hides, and why it is there.
Excerpt
“What is, then?” Kuvett challenged her with a hardened stare. “Complete obsequiousness to a faceless, parasitic organization that takes and only takes? Or exchanging your very life for security and the mockery of one?”
Jordan clenched her fists as tears spilled, unafraid of the danger she felt herself in. “That’s easy for you to say. You can fly around anywhere and everywhere. I can’t. I couldn’t leave even if I wanted to.”
Kuvett folded her arms. “Do you?”
“Do I what?”
“Do you really want to leave?” Kuvett inclined her head to the balcony as if to invite Jordan to fly away somewhere else.
“Of course, I do,” Jordan responded as she turned and leaned against the wall beside the doorway, “but I can’t. I just can’t.” Her protests grew more silent as she slid down to the floor and hugged her knees.
With a quiet sigh, Kuvett unfurled herself and floated past Jordan. She looked down, disappointed and agitated. “Then you won’t.”
Jordan peeked through her knees and scowled between tears. “Get out.” Her lip quivered as she turned away, hiding her face behind her arms.
Without another word, Kuvett made her way to the main room. Jordan did not try to stop Kuvett as she opened the doorway to the balcony, leaving the carcass. Jordan closed her eyes and sobbed as the only friend she had made left her alone. Again.
About the Author
From his youngest days, C.D. Clark has always loved stories and the worlds they could take him to. His writing career began with original, fan-based fiction which led to his passion for writing. Over the past twenty-five years, C.D. Clark has developed his craft, all the while celebrating his successes and reveling in any spectacular failures, using them as learning experiences. Ever eager to learn, he continues leaping towards the future while creating fantastic new worlds and passing along poignant messages through his books.
Twitter: @CDClarkNovelist
Mastodon: @CDClarkNovelist
Twitch: twitch.tv/bass_prefect
Email: CDClarknovelist@gmail.com
Linktree: https://linktr.ee/cdclarknovelist
Website: https://www.cdclarknovelist.com/
C.D.Clark will be awarding a digital copy of the book to a randomly drawn winner.


1 comment:
Welcome to Beyond Romance, C.D.! I had a hard time choosing among your excerpts. They were all intriguing. Hope the tour goes really well.
Post a Comment
Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)