Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Understudy - #BDSM #MFRWHooks #SummerTheater

The Understudy cover


Greetings! It’s Wednesday again (where did the week go?), time for another MFRW blog hop.

My hook this week is from my BDSM erotic romance novella The Understudy.

Blurb

Is there a future in playing stand-in to a slave?

Sarah Gladstone was thrilled to be offered her first real acting job at the Berks Summer Playhouse. She never expected to be working with theatre legend Geoffrey Hart. The charismatic actor quickly brings her under his spell, not to mention his control, as he initiates her into the dark delights of BDSM. He offers her far more than physical pleasure; they share a level of intimacy and trust beyond anything Sarah could have imagined.

According to the rumours, though, Geoff's heart is taken. Renowned actress Anne Merrill, his long time partner and submissive lover, has severed their relationship and Hart has escaped to the Berkshires to lick his emotional wounds. With her youth, inexperience, and girl-next-door persona, Sarah knows that she can't compete with the glamorous theatre veteran. She fears that she's just a substitute for the real object of Geoff's affections. As he draws her deeper into his intoxicating games of dominance and submission, Sarah wonders if she's willing to settle for the role of understudy in this perverse passion play.



The Hook

I couldn’t look away. The moment stretched itself out. My disobedient body betrayed me more deeply with each breath. I felt him rifle through my thoughts, seeking my lewdest fantasies. I tried to empty my mind. I couldn’t banish the image that surged up without warning, a picture of him grabbing me and tearing my clothes off.

Mr. Hart!” Adele broke the spell, rushing forward to shake the actor’s hand. “Welcome to Barrington! We’re all so excited to have you here…”

He seemed to notice her for the first time. He favoured her with a charming smile and an appraising once-over. My relief at being released from his scrutiny was tempered with irrational jealousy.

Ah, thank you, Miss…”

Adele. Adele Franklin. I’m the ingénue. I play Chava in Fiddler and Stella in Streetcar. Oh, and Mimsy in Plaza Suite. I’m just thrilled to meet you, Mr. Hart…”

She had not released his hand. She leant forward, almost on tiptoe, her lips parted, her body practically vibrating with eagerness. His smile was gracious but dismissive as he turned his attention back to me. Everything inside me seemed to melt in the heat of his gaze.

And you are?”

Um—Sarah Gladstone, sir. I play chorus and extra roles. I’m also the understudy for Adele and Ms. Stuart. This is my first year here.”

Very pleased to meet you, Sarah. I look forward to getting to know you better over the summer.” His words were polished and polite. His eyes, however, told me another story. They stripped me bare and then challenged me to complain about his boldness. He knew that I would not.

Buy Links





I hope you’ll visit some of the other authors doing the hop this week, and read their excerpts. You’ll find their links below!


1 comment:

Janet Lane Walters said...

What an intense bit here. Story sounds very interesting,

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)