Sunday, October 30, 2016

#Free Halloween Book and Other News! (#Lovecraft #horror #halloween)

Halloween Banner
 
New and Upcoming Releases

Have you gotten your free copy of my erotic horror tale, The Shadow over Des Moines?

Alas, with all the traveling I've been doing this year, neither of my works in progress was ready for a Halloween release, even though either one would have been perfect. (One's a paranormal ménage featuring a werewolf and a vampire, the other a tale of an author selling her soul to the devil!) Anyway, I couldn't let my favorite holiday go by without some sort of celebration, so I've re-edited my tribute to H.P. Lovecraft, created a new cover, and released it for free.

I've also dropped the price of Coming in Costume, last year's Halloween tale, from $2.99 to 99 cents. You'll find a discount coupon at the back of the free ebook.
 


If you're looking for more Halloween reading, get yourself a copy of my sexy BDSM ghost story Rendezvous. It's currently 30% off at Totally Bound.


As for other releases, the summer was pretty quiet, partly because I was on the road about one week out of every four. Since my last newsletter, I've been to the U.S., to Austria and the Czech Republic, to Sri Lanka, to Thailand, and to China –-- twice! It has all been for business, alas. No sooner do I unpack from one trip than I have to pack for the next. Makes it tough to devote any concentrated time to writing.

However, since my last update, I do have two stories out in recent charitable anthologies.


In response to the anti-gay massacre at the Pulse club last June, MLR Press has published an anthology entitled Hope for Pulse: Hate Will Never Win. I was proud to contribute an expanded and re-edited version of my F/F erotic romance "The Late Show". All proceeds from this amazing book will go to Equality Florida, an organization working to support the victims of the Pulse shooting.

Also, you'll find my brand new spicy M/F romance "Test Drive" in Leigh Ellwood's anthology Coming Together: On Wheels. Sales of this collection benefit the United Nations High Commission on Refugees (UNHCR). Given what we see in the news these days, one could hardly find a more relevant charity. You can read a quick excerpt here.

Speaking of charities, editor Ashley Lister has selected several of my poems for the second volume of Coming Together: In Verse, which should be out in November. The In Verse series is dedicated to the animal welfare organization Hope for Paws.

Free Reading and Other News 

This month you'll find two new free stories on my free reading page. My quickie Caritas looks at the dangers of first impressions. Stroke is one of my favorite BDSM stories, which demonstrates my tag line – imagination is the ultimate aphrodisiac. As is normal for me, both are pretty hot!

I've been spending quite a bit of time on Twitter these days, trying (like everyone else) to get people to pay attention to me and my work. To be honest, it's pretty frustrating. I'm fairly clueless when it comes to marketing. I'm an author, not a PR guru. If only my books would sell themselves...but that's every author's (hopeless?) dream.

I do love to chat with readers, though. So if you're on Twitter or on Goodreads, please do follow me or send me a friend request. (I'm not on Facebook in my author identity, so don't bother looking.) Let's connect!

Lisabet's Pick of the Month 

My October pick of the month is the very active Princess of the Light blog, run by N.N. Light. N.N. is actually a couple (Mrs. N and Mr. N.) who post great reviews, inspiring articles, and useful publishing advice for authors. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)