Saturday, October 1, 2016

A Story is Like a Portrait (#erotica #writinglife #contest @RealDarkInferno )


LM Mountford photo

By L.M. Mountford (Guest Blogger)

Hi, everyone!

I’m L.M. Mountford.

I’m an erotica author, but please don’t judge me by that alone. I’m also trying to break into dark romance, historical action and sci-fi/ fantasy. Honestly though, I’m interested in any plot that involves sex and violence. They make up some of the greatest stories in my opinion. A story is like any portrait, it needs to be made up of many colours, but make sure it has these two and you’re bound to be a susses.

I wrote my first story when I was 14 or 15. A fan fiction story that I posted online. I’m something of a anime aficionado you see, and like any little boy, my mind had a tendency to wander. After that it wasn’t long before I moved into the erotica genre, after all, what is it a boy that age thinks about, and I have been in the genre ever since.

Although I’d never really thought about self-publishing, it occurred to me when I was 21 after running across the Kindle section of Amazon and seeing how many short stories had been published and were selling. It was something of an eye opener. Until then, I’d thought KDP was for novels. Shortly after, I wrote and published Sweet Temptations: The Babysitter. I’d thought that would be the hard part, but after publishing I cam to realise it was only the beginning. Not only that, but I was woefully unprepared.

My second book is called Confessions, and if I thought ST: The Babysitter was a journey, well, Confessions made it look like a walk in the park. It began as a commission, the principle seemed easy, I accepted, thinking it might only take 6 months. Instead it took almost 2 years. But then I had to convert it, that required another year. I’d only got a third of way through by then, but I’d slipped into a habit of writing for the sake of it because I thought it could be better and was pouring out purple prose by the page. Having already missed two due dates and literally on the 11th hour of the third, my editor gave me a kick up the arse. “Post it to me tonight, or I can’t accept it until June (this was in February). So I made my choice, pulled out all the notes I’d jotted down, and added them in before closing the book on it forever and emailing it over. Aside from her revisions and few scenes inspired by her notes, I haven’t touched it since. This is something of a double edged sword of course, there were parts of the story that could have been expanded on, but I don’t regret posting it. If I hadn’t, I might still be working on it now.

I don't mind saying Confessions was the bane of my life for two years. I was beset by writer's block to such a degree that I thought my skull my split in half at times.That being said, I'm glad I wrote it. The story challenged me to many degrees as I can honestly say I've never written a M/M/M/M/F scene before.

Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, some of the scenes have caused some distress due to triggers and that has caused it to be critically received. A hard ending to something that was quite a hard time in my life as this work tested my resolve and skill and made me think hard about if I’m truly meant to be a writer.

I still have a great deal of personal doubt, but i took the bull by the horns and I’m still here…

Now, who’s in the mood for a competition?

And I'm going to make this very simple :) What do you have to do? 

Just like & follow me on my FB Page, Goodreads, Twitter, Blog, and author page.






Please remember, you have to like and follow all the links. If you can’t for whatever reason, just put a note of it under your comment link.

Oh and i almost forgot to mention the prize, you will have your choice of either of my books, so be sure to look on as well as follow the author page and goodreads, or else how will you know what you want ;)

I’ll leave the duration of the competition open and the choice of a winner to our host’s judgment, the good folks here at Beyond Romance know their blog better than I do.

Good Luck, enjoy, and here are my books…

Book 1#



Title: Sweet Temptations: The Babysitter

Genre: Erotica 

 


Synopsis

Meet Richard Martin. Tall, dark and handsome; he's well mannered,married to his beautiful university sweetheart, works in a job he can't stand with people who infuriate him, and so sexually frustrated he's about ready to blow like Mount Vesuvius...

Enter Rebecca, Scarlet and Samantha, three sirens sent to plague and tempt him. Will he be able to do what's right and resist their advances, or will these temptresses lure him to the rocks?

In this first volume in Dark Inferno's sizzling new series: Sweet Temptations, A naughty babysitter sets out to seduce her man. No matter what his wife might think, sweet and innocent, but also seductive and sexy, this tempting siren will rock your world while babysitting your kids and she is determined to lure her man into her bed...

***This story contains descriptions of sexual content, for 18+ Adults only***


Now only $0.99!





Kobo:

Itunes:



Book 2#



Title: Confessions



Genre: Erotica, Menage



Synopsis

Sylvia Day meets Colleen Masters in this sizzling erotic thrill ride of lust and sex and self-discovery that will leave readers wanting more.

What is the measure of love? How far would you go to save the one you want but know you can never truly have?

Mina Carring is a woman that has given up on love. A rising star in the bright lights of Hollywood, men come and go from her life, passing like ships in the night, yet there is only one for her, the one she’d let slip away because she shouldn't want her stepbrother that way. But is it really so wrong to want someone, just because her father married his mother? However, when he is filmed in a compromising position that could ruin his life, Mina must step in. Now, powerless to escape as she heads down this path of lust and desire, torn between the dark delights of the handsome bad boy down the street and her adorable stepbrother who has always been there for her, she must confront the truth she has long tried to bury...

A full length, 40,000+ word novel, Confessions is the stand-alone erotic drama from the Author of the sinfully delicious, Sweet Temptations Trilogy. Warning! It contains adult themes, harsh language, and graphic content and descriptions that might be disturbing to some readers.

This is a taboo/forbidden read that is full of steamy pages and a incredible plot. This is definitely not for anyone under 18 as there are some highly charged sex scenes that are WOW! This is not the typical stepbrother story its so much more. - hellmouthsbookblogreviews.com

The plot was fresh and the sex scenes were definitely hot enough to melt my Kindle. - Lynn Cooper, author of The Dominant Seduction Series

This is one of those forbidden step-brother romances with an especially dark twist. I know I definitely didn't see it going in the direction it went. Suspenseful? Uh, yea. Sexy? Absolutely. - alwayslovemesomebooks.blogspot.com



Get your copy now for just $2.99

Papperback:


Amazon (UK)

Amazon (Aus)

Amazon (Ca)

Smashwords

Goodreads

Blog:


Well there is just enough time left for me to tell you about my future projects. Or at least the main ones.

I currently writing a four part Futanari story, again another commission that i will be turning into an original work. It tells the story of a woman who’s body is changing after an accident, and she finds herself fighting the urges brought out in her by the presence of the daughter of her father’s friend, who’s staying with her so she can keep an eye on her while her father away.

I'm also experimenting with a bit of contemporary romance, I'm not sure if it will have a future but it has potential to be more than just another standalone short-story. It’s the story of a man visiting a past love who left him out of the bloom but has now got back in touch.

Finally, this one is my break into mainstreaming, a historical adventure novel. The thrilling adventure set on the slopes of Victorian Natel amidst the blood and chaos of the Zulu-Angola war.


2 comments:

Lisabet Sarai said...

Welcome to my blog,L.M.! You're a breath of fresh air.

Love the lemur!!

Dark Inferno said...

Really? How so ( a breath of fresh air i mean lol)?

Thanks, i'm a tiger nut, but ring tails are another favourite :)

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)