Thursday, November 21, 2013

Tell Me Why....

Why, when I have a million real world responsibilities to deal with, do I suddenly start getting all sorts of great ideas for new stories? I've added three new entries to my notebook in the past twenty four hours. When will I get to write them? Who knows?

Between grading, exams, projects and business responsibilities, I can barely breathe. The last thing I need is my muse whispering in my ear, right?

No. Let me correct myself. That's just the frustration talking. I really am grateful for these ideas - and grateful that I at least captured them in outline before they fled (as they do, if I don't write them down). It sometimes takes me months, even years, to grow a story seed into a full-leafed tale, but I often do get around to it eventually. It's interesting to browse through this notebook, which I've been using for a couple of years now, and see how many of the notions that I jotted down did eventually make it onto the page and into "print".

So I won't complain, just scribble down the inspirations as they come and get back to work. And hope that when the time comes, I'll be able to read my writing and understand my cryptic comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)