Friday, June 21, 2013

A Few Lines From... Sheila Claydon

A Few Lines from Kissing Maggie Silver by Sheila Claydon

"I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't mean that to happen."

Her face was flushed, her lips still slightly parted as she looked up at him. "I know you didn't," she said, her voice and her gaze steady. "I know you are going away again Ruairi, and I know there won't be a place for me in your life when you do but...but can't we pretend it's not like that, just for today."

At a complete loss for words, he stared down at her. She was keeping whatever was going on inside her head to herself. All he could see reflected in her wide grey eyes were his own feelings of desire and frustration. It brought him to his senses and, his heart heavy, he shook his head.

"You know it doesn't work like that Maggie. If we take today, then we'll want tomorrow too, and the day after that."

"And would that really be so terrible," she whispered, her face pale now, her body rigid in the circle of his arms.

"Yes, because then I'd break your heart."

Buy Link: http://amzn.to/10hfmBq

Come back next Friday for a few lines from Pat Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)