Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Lisabet's January Newsletter

Happy New Year to all my readers! I've got lots of exciting things to share this month, including several chances to win free books and gift certificates.

New and Upcoming Releases

I have two new releases since last month. The first is a collection of my BDSM short stories, entitled Just a Spanking. Is a pure spanking, stripped of any sexual manipulation, enough to make a submissive come? Can a Dom turn a woman into his slave using just his voice? Can a banana split be an instrument of torture? Find out in this lively, arousing collection. The book is available exclusively for Amazon Kindle and can be borrowed for free by Amazon Prime members.

The second is a re-release of Incognito, bundled with Iona Blair's scorching Sins of Susan into a super-sized sexy ebook entitled Taboo. It's also on Kindle Select. You can read an excerpt here.

Just a Spanking
            Cover Taboo Cover

Both my Books We Love collections Just a Spanking and Body Electric will be free for every one on specific days from now through April. I'll announce the days on my blog and Yahoo list a day or two before. Meanwhile you can get either of these books free from me. All you have to do is review the other on Amazon, then send me the review link.

I heard from Maxim Jakubowski that my story The Antidote will be included in the next Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica. And my erotic fairy tale Shorn comes out in May as part of Kristina Wright's collection Lustfully Ever After

Finally, I've signed the contract for Quarantine. The book is scheduled for July. I really don't know how I'm going to wait that long! Meanwhile I've posted a short excerpt to whet your appetite.

Other News

Want to read some sexy excerpts and win lots of prizes? Dumb question, right? February is Coming Together "Share the Love" month here at Beyond Romance.

Share the Love banner

In case you haven't been paying attention (grin), Coming Together is a publisher of erotic fiction for charity. We've raised thousands of dollars for causes like breast cancer research, AIDS research, conservation and social justice, as well as supporting victims of disasters including Hurricane Katrina and the 2007 California wildfires. During February, I'm turning my blog over to Coming Together authors, who will be sharing the hottest snippets from their charity stories. Most will offer giveaways to people who comment, and at the end of the blog bash, we'll choose a grand prize winner, who will receive a $50 gift certificate to All Romance Ebooks. We're also giving away a Kindle Fire to a reader who comments every day! I hope you'll visit and comment often. We're going to have a great time!

In my free reading section this month, I've added the full length romantic BDSM tale Reunion. The story has been published in several collections, but remains one of my favorites.

Starting in February, at the Erotica Readers & Writers Association website, I'll be writing a new column entitled Naught Bits: The Erotogeek's Guide for Technologically Challenged Authors. I'll be trying to provide enough background on computers, software and related topics to help authors cope with the demands of publishing and promotion in the Internet age.

And speaking of ERWA, we've revamped and re-energized the ERWA Blog. Every few days you'll find a new post about writing or life, romance or sex, from our top-notch authors. Check out my post from a few days ago, Intimacy with Strangers. It's not what you expect!

Contests!

Thanks to all of you who entered my "Favorite Cover" contest last month, and congratulations to my randomly chosen winner Tammy R. Her favorite cover was Ruby's Rules. I was interested to see that there was a great deal of variety in people's responses.

For January, I'm doing market research again! I'd like to know how you feel about ebook prices. To enter, send an email to contest [at] LisabetSarai.com with the subject line "Prices Contest". In the body of the email, answer the following questions:

  • When you shop for ebooks, does the price make much of a difference in your decisions?
  • If you see a book priced at only 99 cents, does that influence your perception of its quality?
  • What do you think is a fair price for an ebook novella (20,000 words or 50 pages)?
  • What do you think is a fair price for an ebook novel (50,000 words or 150 pages, or more)?
If you have other comments about ebook pricing, I'm happy to hear them.

Around the 20th of February, I'll randomly draw a winner from all the entries. He or she can choose to receive either of my two recent romance releases, Hot Spell or Wild About That Thing.

Lisabet's Pick of the Month

My January Pick of the Month is Nicole Morgan's blog. Nicole writes satisfying, sexy erotic romance that will have you clamoring for more. Drop by and say hello - and tell her Lisabet sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)