Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Hello, 2012! Goodbye, Dead Zones!

By Nichelle Gregory (Guest Blogger)

Happy New Year!!

I’m welcoming in 2012 with open arms! This is my first guest blog in the New Year and I’d like to thank Lisabet for having me on Beyond Romance today! I’ve finally packed away the last of my holiday decorations. Hooray! Don’t get me wrong, I love decorating for the holidays, but by the time New Year’s Eve rolls around, I’m ready to take down the tree, pack everything up and focus on the year ahead. I think refocusing personal and professional goals is a good idea any time, but especially now.

If you’re like me, nothing magical happened to you once the clock struck midnight and officially ushered in 2012. It’s up to each of us to make the magic happen! For me, it’s more about finding ways to renew my spirit.

I think the smallest changes can have a big impact on our psyche. When you’re feeling good it’s reflected in how you treat others and in everything you do. As a writer, being in a good mental space is critical. If I’m not feeling well, for whatever reason, I don’t feel like writing. When I’m not writing, I tend to feel even worse which perpetuates the problem.

Well, it’s a new year and I’m excited about upcoming writing projects! I’ve got lots of story ideas I’d love to see come to fruition this year, but inevitably I know I’ll hit what I like to call my "dead zone" (insert horrific scream here).

Yup, talk about frustrating...wanting to write, but lacking the creative energy to do so. Can you relate to this? I’m determined this year to work through these annoying dead zones and I thought I’d share a few ideas on how.

Idea #1- Take the day off...creatively speaking. I like to challenge myself to write something every day, but sometimes it’s more painful to stare at a blank screen or to keep erasing whatever you’ve managed to type. If you’re having one of those days, shut down the computer, put down your pencil and find something else to do. Don’t feel bad about it either. Being creative can’t be forced.

Idea #2- Reorganize Your Writing World. That could include clearing out your inbox, plugging in those blogging dates on your calendar or picking up the space where you write. Getting organized usually helps me get re-energized to work!

Idea #3- Read A Book! Reading is always a welcomed escape from the voices in my head. Plus, you can learn something as a writer from everything book you pick up. A good book can inspire me!

Idea #4- Re-read Your Own Book! Usually a couple of months after I’ve had a work published, I’ll go back and read it. It’s great to read through and enjoy the scenes you worked so hard on. Best of all, I usually get that “I can’t believe I wrote this,” but in a good way feeling that inspires me to get back to writing.

Idea #5- Spruce Up Your Cyber-world! When I’m not in the zone creatively, I’ll work on updating my blog or website. There’s usually always something you can do to make your cyber-homes look better.

Idea #6- Stimulate The Senses! Now you can take this idea in a lot of different areas, but I’m just going to talk about one: sight. That’s right, get visual baby! I like to peruse stock images for story ideas or possible future book covers. I can’t count how many times a beautiful picture has inspired an idea for a story or helped me work out a scene I’m trying to finish within a book.

There you have it, six ideas I intend to try this year whenever I’m in a creative slump. I’m going to turn those dead zones into a productive time no matter what for my writing career and I want to encourage you to do the same!

Here’s to 2012!

May the New Year bring us all lots of creative energy, love, laughter, peace and joy!

~Nichelle

* * * *

There exists within our world a brotherhood of Djinns…genies bound by magic, bound by honour to fulfil the desires of their masters.

Enter their realm with caution!

Danger lurks between dimensions, fiery passions ignite without control and wishes are granted for those brave enough to ask…

Blurb for As You Desire

Two scarred hearts learn to beat again with the healing power of love and all its magic...

Accused of being a traitor to the Djinn Brotherhood, Lona realizes trying to love the wrong man has cost her everything...maybe even her freedom. Alone and pregnant, she's beginning to believe the terrible pain she's experiencing is punishment for all her wrong choices as she tries to pick up the pieces of her life.

When Rafi finds Lona suffering in agony, he makes a hasty decision and takes her home. Ignoring the mutual attraction between them, he agrees when asked to keep Lona in his charge until Rue is tracked down and the High Council can be certain of her innocence.

Rafi knows she's not guilty. He's lived with a lifetime of heartache to recognize something other than guilt is causing Lona's pain. He'll do anything to help her heal and find some peace. Their journey together might also lead to his own salvation...

Excerpt

Rafi refused to think about the repercussions of his actions as he bent his head and kissed Lona. Her lips were softer and sweeter than he had imagined and he had to remind himself to go slow. The growing desire to touch her had been driving him crazy all week. His cock hardened in an instant as she surrendered to his kiss, welcoming his tongue with her own as he tasted her for the first time.

She wrapped her arms around his neck as he placed his hands on her waist. He wanted to crush her body against his, but…

But then she’d feel your raging hard-on.

Right. She’d agreed to a kiss—only a kiss. He groaned as she pulled away. One kiss wasn’t nearly enough.

Damn!

He wanted her so badly. Spending so much time with her had wreaked havoc on the walls he kept in place specifically to avoid the longing and the feelings he was experiencing right now. She pulled every protective instinct out of him. Her sweet spirit made him want to shield her from all the pain in her life, and even though he knew he couldn’t, he wanted to try.

Rafi looked down at Lona, wondering if she had any idea how the shade of pink of her swimsuit set off her lovely eyes. The sound of the water lapping around them seemed loud as he waited for her to make the next move…or to say something.

“You wanted to kiss me?”

Her husky question made his cock tighten almost painfully in the snug swimming shorts.

“For days.”

No need to tell her what else he’d dreamt about doing to her.

“Kiss me again.”

Her voice was a soft whisper filled with need and Rafi obliged her, taking her lips in a hungry kiss. She melted in his arms and he struggled to hold her at arm’s length as she continued to press her body closer to his. There was no way she wouldn’t feel his dick hard and ready against her stomach.

Lona froze, wrenching her lips from his.

“You’re so hard.”

Her breath fanned his cheek as she played with the hair at the nape of his neck.

“Lona…”

She pulled back to stare at him. “You want me?”

Rafi looked down at her in surprise. “How could I not?”

The doubt in her eyes made him want to show her just how much he wanted her.

Lona averted her gaze as she shook her head. “I’m a wreck.”

“Not to me.”

Rafi squeezed her waist as she turned her face back to his. He was captivated by the way the waning sunlight danced over the honey highlights in her hair.

“I’m homeless.”

Mi casa es su casa.”

Rafi grinned as Lona smiled, tension fading from her face for a moment.

“I’m pregnant with another man—a crazy man’s child.”

“I know.” He touched her cheek. “That doesn’t change my wanting you.”

As You Desire, the second book in my Djinn Brotherhood series, will be available January 16th with Total E-Bound!

Now take a minute and watch the premiere book trailer of As You Desire!

Bio: Nichelle Gregory has been in love with books and writing since middle school. A lover of the arts, she enjoys anything that embraces the creative nature within us all. Bringing believable characters to life that thrill and excite her readers is a challenge that continues to push Nichelle. She loves creating stories involving super sexy alpha heroes with divine heroines in magical, exotic, and fantastic scenarios. So, gone on . . . Indulge your senses with one of her simply sexy stories!

Visit her website www.simplysexystories.com and blog http://www.simplysexystories.blogspot.com.

6 comments:

Nichelle Gregory said...

May your 2012 be golden, Lisabet! Thanks for having me!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your upcoming release! Happy New Year, Nichelle!

Best,
Suzanne

Nichelle Gregory said...

Thanks so much, Suzanne! ;-)

Lisabet Sarai said...

Greetings, Nichelle,

Welcome to Beyond Romance! Sorry I couldn't be here to greet you earlier, but it looks like some readers hve found their way here.

Best of luck with the release. I love the guy on the cover!

Naomi Bellina said...

I like the part about nothing magical happening when the clock struck midnight. I think we make our own new year every day! Good ideas, Nichelle.

Nichelle Gregory said...

Hi, Lisabet! I love the intensity of his stare!

Naomi, may 2012 be as magical as we'd both like it to be!!

:-)

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)