Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lisabet's June Newsletter

Welcome to my June newsletter! As usual I have information for you on new releases, new contracts, free reading, and fun contests.

New and Upcoming Releases

Today marks the release of my first title with Muse It Hot publishing, a erotic short entitled Citadel of Women. I've been blogging about the story all over the place this month. It's a tale of cross-cultural passion set in Cambodia, among the ruins of the ancient Angkor civilization. You can find an excerpt here. Interested in buying a copy? Just go tothe Muse It Hot website.

Bodies of Light CoverTotal-E-Bound has released my extra-terrestrial ménage tale, Bodies of Light as a stand-alone title, with (as you can see) a great new cover. For information on how you can win a free copy, read on.

Steam Lust CoverI've also received the cover for SteamLust: Steampunk Erotic Romance which will release in October. Amazing, isn't it? My story in the collection, Green Cheese, chronicles a love affair between the daughter of the British ambassador to Siam and the son of a prominent Siamese merchant, during a period when Britain and France are at war on the moon. A bit light-hearted, as you might expect from the title, but sexy and sweet, too, and chocked full of the delightfully baroque mechanical devices that make steam punk so much fun.I've added an excerpt if you're nterested.

You can also check out cover for Treble, with my blues story Wild About That Thing on the Coming Soon page - along with an excerpt, of course.

Other News

I'll be featured on June 29th at the Savvy Authors website. My article is entitled "What Comes Next? Generating Suspense and Avoiding Predictability". I discuss that balancing act faced by authors of romance and other genre fiction - how to satisfy the conventions of the genre without being boring!

I'm blogging tomorrow, June 17th, at Hitting the Hotspot, on "The Naughtiest Thing I've Ever Done". Aren't you curious?

If you haven't checked out my free stories and profile at the Erotica Readers & Writers Association, do it now! My feature and free stories will be available until the end of June.

Speaking of free stories, I've posted a long one this month, a romantic BDSM tale called Domestic Goddess. This tale is included in my BDSM short story collection Rough Caress, available from Eternal Press. If you like this story, you might want to pick up a copy of ghe book!

I've finished and submitted "Hot Spell", my new paranormal short. So far I have not received anyfeedback. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Finally, I've resumed work on my M/M science fiction novel "Quarantine". I have the story pretty clear in my mind now. I just have to write it down!

Contests!

Thanks to everyone who sent me their story suggestions for my last month's contest. Lots of great ideas, but ménage, shifters and vampires seem to be especially popular. I'll see what I can do, coming up with some free stories that meet your specifications!

Congratulations to Annette, who was my randomly selected winner! She's already reading her copy of The Understudy.

As mentioned above, the prize for my June contest is a copy of my new release Bodies of Light. In line with the theme of "bodies", I want you to tell me what kind of body types you prefer for your heroes and heroines. (Or you're free to tell me that you like variety, as I do!) Send me send me your answer in an email, to contest [at] lisabetsarai.com, with the subject line "Bodies". Around July 15th, I'll randomly pick one email to receive the prize.

And by the way - you're always welcome to email me with comments, suggestions or requests. I love to hear from readers. If you're not entering a contest, send your messages to lisabet [at] lisabetsarai.com

Lisabet's Pick of the Month

My Pick for June is Cari Silverwood's website. Cari's a relatively new author, but she writes corchingly hot BDSM. Her latest release, Three Days of Dominance, is getting fabulous reviews. She'll be a guest at here on the 20th of June, so I hope you'll drop by.

1 comment:

Cari Silverwood said...

Ooh, Lisabet. I just came here to have a look (again) and found this lovely comment by you.

Thank you so much for making my website your pick for the month. I was thinking of making my post a giveaway for a copy of my book. I'll email you and see if we can set that up.
Mwah :)

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts! (And if you're having trouble commenting, try enabling third-party cookies in your browser...)