Saturday, October 16, 2010

Psst!

By Nichelle Gregory (Guest Blogger)

Psst! I want to share a secret. Are you ready? Ok, here goes...I like to people watch. I can't help myself. I find the interactions that take place between complete strangers fascinating. I don't mind admitting I've found inspiration for stories simply by observing or listening to people. I live in the city, so there are no limits to new visual specimens to feed my curiosity.

I can't tell you how many times I've stared out the window to watch men and woman pass by while I assess their posture, facial expressions, and any other clue that would give me a hint as to what they are feeling. I realize my assessment could be completely off, but that's not the point for me. It's the brainstorming of ideas, the unknown possibilities of what drives a person to react and interact in their environment and those around them that I'm interested in.

When I see a couple madly in love, I wonder how long they've been together or whether they've experienced their first real fight. If I see a couple arguing, I wonder what's set off the disagreement, whether they'll break up or fall into bed for some hot make-up sex. I think I enjoy watching couples interacting with one another the most, but I've gleaned inspiration from all sorts of people in different places.

I know what you're probably thinking: Mind your own business, Nichelle! And you're right, I suppose, but I bet you do the same thing. C'mon admit. Tell me you've never listened in on the fight your co-worker is having on the phone. Or that you haven't got out of bed to see who your neighbor is bringing up for a little hanky panky in the middle of the night. Ok, so maybe, I am nosy, but like I said, I can't help myself. I'm curious about how others deal with heartache, happiness and everything in between. I think observing others gives me some idea on just that.

I got the inspiration for my newest release, Lovin' Leela from my noisy neighbors upstairs. The two of them liked to have sex in the wee morning hours or right when my husband and I were ready to go to sleep which is normally way after midnight. Let me tell you, there's nothing like being awakened to moans, grunts and the sound of the headboard slamming against the wall above you at five-thirty in the morning.

I love sex, but I'm afraid I'm just not in the mood before my alarm goes off...well, not usually, hardly ever. I never would've thought I was the type of person to listen to people having sex, but I learned that this fascinated me too. I timed how long the sessions lasted, how many times he uttered a groan or how many times she squealed with delight.

I imagined what it would be like to be single, horny and completely unaware the noisy neighbor above was a total babe until I decided to confront him. A few weeks ago, my wild neighbors moved out and I'm extremely happy they did, but I wish I could've thanked them for creative inspiration. My fingers flew over the keys to tell the tale of Leela and Sam. I had such fun crafting this spicy novella and I'll always remember it with fondness because of the story behind my story!

Lovin' Leela

Available now from Total-E-Bound!

A justified complaint of noise leads Leela Monroe on a wild sexual adventure in which she discovers just how easy it could be to "love thy neighbor".

Leela Monroe has had just about enough of the loud music and desperate cries of passion keeping her up all night thanks to her new neighbor next door. Ready to give him a piece of her mind, she's distracted from her complaints when Sam answers the door, throwing her off guard with his sexy smile and into a state of unyielding longing. She gives into the hot chemistry between them, enjoying sex for the first time in her life, but can a relationship based on pleasure truly amount to anything more?

Bio

Nichelle Gregory has been in love with books and writing since middle school. A lover of the arts, she enjoys anything that embraces the creative nature within us all. Bringing believable characters that thrill and excite her readers to life is a challenge that continues to push Nichelle. She loves creating stories involving super sexy alpha heroes with divine heroines in magical, exotic, and fantastic scenarios.

So, gone on . . . Indulge your secret fetishes and desires!

Visit her website http://www.nichellegregory.com and blog http://www.simplysexystories.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Nichelle Gregory said...

Hey, Lisabet!

Thanks so much for having me on Beyond Romance!

;)

Lisabet Sarai said...

Hi, Nichelle,

Welcome! Sorry I couldn't pop in earlier.

I think being a people-watcher is common among authors. Though not everyone is "lucky" enough to have sexually boisterous neighbors!

Nichelle Gregory said...

No worries, Lisabet! I was concerned about not being here sooner myself, but I was at the pumpkin patch all day. Lots of fun! Anyways, thanks again for hosting me, it was a treat to vent about my noisy neighbors and to share a secret! ;)

Annabeth Carew said...

Hi Nichelle,

I love to people watch too. I think it just shows you are interested in other people and care about what motivates them.

As a writer I'm sure you are always wanting to learn more about what makes people tick.

HOTCHA1 said...

HI LADY!

THIS BOOK SOUNDS WONDERFUL AND I'M STILL LAUGHING ABOUT GINGERBREAD TRYST! LOL

Nichelle Gregory said...

Hello, Annabeth! I think you've hit the nail on the head...it's the motivation behind one's actions that interests me the most. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Hotcha1,

So glad you enjoyed TGT! I hope you enjoy Lovin' Leela just as much! ;)

Post a Comment